[FS19 Tutorial] increase the DensityHeighttypes/dumpable piles

MunrossMods

Re: [FS19] increase the DensityHeighttypes/dumpable piles

Post by MunrossMods »

Thanks for the video tutorial @Bogy12, it could be that the guys above's problem was having the map zip & map folder in the same directory causing the editor to open the un-edited zip version instead of the modified folder version.
Bogy12

Post by Bogy12 »

MunrossMods wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:52 pm Thanks for the video tutorial @Bogy12, it could be that the guys above's problem was having the map zip & map folder in the same directory causing the editor to open the un-edited zip version instead of the modified folder version.
You are welcome. Yes, that is exactly what I tried to explain in my video.
jeffb224

Post by jeffb224 »

I've gone through this whole process for "No Man's Land" map to make the MaizePlus mods work, and it seemed to work well (nice vid, Bogy!)...

However it seems that a lot of my localization is messed up now. Lots of "Missing XYZ in l10n_en.xml" all over the game.

I've double checked that everything is correct in the relevant <l10n> sections of the relevant modDesc.xml files, and they are.

Perhaps using that intermediate class "ModMap" on top of the Mission00 class is causing issues? I'm not sure.

Or.... perhaps.... something entirely unrelated is going on and it has nothing to do with this process?

(Edit: Seems to be an issue with MaizePlus not playing well with the other mods. Deactivating everything but Seasons and the altered NML map makes everything work fine. So you can probably disregard my issue for this thread. Sorry!)
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

If the map I am looking to edit already has a ModMap.lua can I just edit it to include the text in the OP?

Edited to add: Literally read it through again and it says about a ModMap.lua so ignore my question :lol: :lol:
PC & Xbox One
Traktorjonas

Re: [FS19 Tutorial] increase the DensityHeighttypes/dumpable piles

Post by Traktorjonas »

So, in Thüringer map there it says 13 channels but then it says
- compressionChannels="6"
- combinedValuesChannels="0 5 0;5 6 0"
- heightFirstChannel="5"

So what should i do here? Can i just set it back down to 12? and then set the rest of them up?
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

One thing I'm not too clear on reading the instructions is when I get to the ModMap.lua part and need to make the script. The code box on the page shows the script that I'm assuming I place into the ModMap.Lua file I create. However the next instruction says:

If your Map also uses more terrain angle you should have already have a modmap.lua then you just need to add this line "self.terrainDetailHeightTypeNumChannels = self.terrainDetailHeightTypeNumChannels + 1;"

The map I'm editing does not have multiple terrain angles, so I guess I don't need to add that line. However in the code box above that at the previous step that line of code is already there. So do I need to remove that from my ModMap.Lua? Or could someone just paste a reply with what should be in the lua file if you are not running multiple terrain angles?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
ShabaFS

Post by ShabaFS »

Increasing the limit using this script is compatible for consoles?
FAN_FSever

Post by FAN_FSever »

Hi all. I am playing on a map that I edited for myself to allow for 63 filltypes dumpable on the ground. However, since I am playing with Seasons, Addon_strawHarvest, Maizeplus and the 2 Maizeplus extensions I seem to have reached the limit of 63. I have noticed in the densityMapHeight.xml file inside the savegame folder that 63 filltypes are registered. I would like to use some of the Global Company mods but they cannot function correctly due to the 63 limit.

I have read in the German thread on the same subject LS-Lara's theory, viewtopic.php?f=1014&t=150045&start=45#p1247850, of increasing the filltypes to 127. I do not know enough about the values and what changes they cause. I have tried the suggestion of 7/13 for compressionChannels/numDensityMapChannels. In the groundHeightShader.xml file I changed the
globals.groundType *= 63;
value to
globals.groundType *= 127; .
The new density file is created and the map seems to work correctly. however it still only allows 63 filltypes when playing.

Does anyone know whether it is at all possible? If so, what are the correct values to use. I am unfortunately not able to communicate in German. Can read it in limited capacity.

The map has the maximum number (31) of Foliage Types allowed and have multiple angles for fields.
JTerk438

Post by JTerk438 »

FAN_FSever wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:10 pm Hi all. I am playing on a map that I edited for myself to allow for 63 filltypes dumpable on the ground. However, since I am playing with Seasons, Addon_strawHarvest, Maizeplus and the 2 Maizeplus extensions I seem to have reached the limit of 63. I have noticed in the densityMapHeight.xml file inside the savegame folder that 63 filltypes are registered. I would like to use some of the Global Company mods but they cannot function correctly due to the 63 limit.

I have read in the German thread on the same subject LS-Lara's theory, viewtopic.php?f=1014&t=150045&start=45#p1247850, of increasing the filltypes to 127. I do not know enough about the values and what changes they cause. I have tried the suggestion of 7/13 for compressionChannels/numDensityMapChannels. In the groundHeightShader.xml file I changed the
globals.groundType *= 63;
value to
globals.groundType *= 127; .
The new density file is created and the map seems to work correctly. however it still only allows 63 filltypes when playing.

Does anyone know whether it is at all possible? If so, what are the correct values to use. I am unfortunately not able to communicate in German. Can read it in limited capacity.

The map has the maximum number (31) of Foliage Types allowed and have multiple angles for fields.
You have to make sure that in the groundshader.xml file that it's listed as 127, not 63. That should fix your problem there.
rafalmnich4

Post by rafalmnich4 »

Hi. Sorry for my English. I have a problem, I have installed your scrypt, I have no bugs in GE, but it is invisible after the crop spills. No texture.
Where should I look for the problem?
snekko

Post by snekko »

I have increased the number of dumpable piles in a map for privat use, to use maize plus and seasons, and everything looks fine, but after playing couple hours, i notice that dumped heaps are not visable at all. Even grass swades when just mowed are not visable. You can pick-up the heaps and swades with a bucket or loading wagon, and they will be visable when putting in a trailer, so they are really there, but not visable. I have try everything to get it right, but are out of options.

I have read that more people have this problem, but havent found a solution for this on the internet.

Can you guys help?
log.txt
(73.04 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
s4dnz

Post by s4dnz »

I'm stalled at step 6. I been following the steps carefully and doing correctly but editor doesn't want to add new file. I have removed corrected PNG file and I edited png to gdm but it doesn't create it so it meaning there no terrainDetailHeight_density.gdm at map folder, basically it means it is missing and I used No Man Land map.

Any help please?
andreagiovanni73

Post by andreagiovanni73 »

buon giorno qualcuno sa qualche tutorial su come aumentare i canali del <FoliageMultiLayer densityMapId="162" numChannels="10" numTypeIndexChannels="5" compressionChannels="5"> grazie
Tenshiro1010011010

Post by Tenshiro1010011010 »

Maybe help me puncy 6
ItsC0WB0YGamez

Post by ItsC0WB0YGamez »

So I went looking through the map files on a map I have and want to play on, but all of the files mentioned don't exist on the map anywhere. I'm Trying to get Farms of Madison County to be able to use GlobalCompany, Maizeplus with both extentions, seasons and straw harvest, but can't find the files to increase the filltypes.