I'm having a great time..

C04L

I'm having a great time..

Post by C04L »

I'm having a really good time playing ski region.

just some things i'd like, better description of what machinery/tools do.
i know there is a sentence in the shop for the descriptions, but a more indepth description like what to use what for.
theres that little yellow lynx that you attatch a thrower to the front, what is it used for, obviously it picks up snow and throws it. but,
do you use it for the road or slope or car parc etc.

i bought a B360 snow cannon, why does it cost alot of money when i use it? am i paying for snow? cause the money burns with it like crazy..
in what situation would you collect snow in a trailer tipper? would you dump it on a slope and spread the snow across the slope with a snow blade or lizard skid sheild?

when it snows (weather) does it add small amounts of snow to your slopes? just wondering.

just explain it a bit more for us simple folk :oops: thanks

again, awsome game :gamer: 8)
brack

Re: I'm having a great time..

Post by brack »

I think I can answer some of your questions. In real life to make snow it requires water and highly pressurized air to be forced through a nozzle at slightly below freezing temperatures. The power required to pump water up a mountain and compress the air both cost large amounts of money. I worked at a small mountain, just 240 vertical feet, maybe 10 trails, and it would cost upwards of $60,000 to run the snowmaking system for 24 hours. So I believe this is what that money draw is trying to simulate.

As far as the lynx goes those are usually used for clearing the parking lots, and possibly the road if you have no salt spreader. The snow that is stored can be deposited back on the mountain if you are running low and don't want or cant afford to make snow. Once you can afford it the Agrotron with a blower and a large trailer or salt spreader works much better.

When it snows it will add snow to the slopes, and you will then have to regroom the slope.

Hope this helps!
C04L

Post by C04L »

ahh thanks.

i noticed after a good 10 hrs of play i have a full day of snowfall, that completely filled the map... im swamped hehe. do you get a mission to clear the town's road? that'd be good money..

anyhow, im slowly getting used to it now.. thanks for the reply
NorwegianSlopes

Post by NorwegianSlopes »

Hi!

I totally agree that this is a great game!! :D
But i have a question i hope annyone can answer, since there isn't any
god forums for this game yet, i thougt i could post it here.
Is it possible to turn on the yellow warning lights on the roof of machines, or
are they just there for the "real feel"??
Not a big deal, but had been cool if they had worked :)
MaxT35

Post by MaxT35 »

Hi! You can turn the "BeaconLights" on with key "Pos1" in the german version.

If this doesn't run, you can go to your options display in the main menu. There you can adjust your keyboard... ;)

I hope you understand me... My English is not the best... I'm normally speaking German.
MfG,
MaxT35

Austrian Modding Team | 1. Leitungsvorstand, Scripter
Innovation is our Passion
http://www.austrianmodding.at
NorwegianSlopes

Post by NorwegianSlopes »

Thanks for the help ;)
Turns out that it was just me beeing blind :geek:
It's just like you said found in the controls menu, and it's called beacon lights ;)
And my english isn't that good either, because i usaly speak norwegian :P