A couple of questions for Giants

Totenfarmer

A couple of questions for Giants

Post by Totenfarmer »

According to a mail corespondance with one of your staff members I was told that ski region simulator was discontinued due to low sales numbers, so my questions is:
1. Why not release the script documentation, unless you plan on another update, at least that would give us the chance to know how to work with what we have, after all, there IS a fan base for this game ?
2. The game introduces placeables through the DLCs, why not provide us with the needed info on how to script our own placeables, after all it would depend on owning the DLC to be able to use placeables.
3. Another thing I would like to see is how to access DLC features, like you have done for farming simulator, I do NOT mean unlocking them, but to be able to use e.g global scripts to tweak them ?

Hoping for a little goodwill now, and reminding you that most that play SRS actually also own the farming simulator games and its DLCs..
MaxT35

Re: A couple of questions for Giants

Post by MaxT35 »

Hi,

first a bit about my person - I am the leader of the Austrian Modding Team. We are one of a few modding teams creating mods for the Ski Region Simulator 2012. At the moment, we count about 2.781 members in our board.

I just have to say, that I totally agree with you. For years, members are asking for placeable snow cannons, nets and many other objects, but we just have to tell them that it's not possible at the moment.

Although I experienced that some of the developers answer quite in detail, it was sometimes just impossible to work with the default scripts, as there is no documentation. I would really appreciate a SRS script documentation. Some years ago, most of the scripts were published in the FS11 script documentation. But now, there are only FS15 scripts - which don't really help after all...
MfG,
MaxT35

Austrian Modding Team | 1. Leitungsvorstand, Scripter
Innovation is our Passion
http://www.austrianmodding.at
Totenfarmer

Re: A couple of questions for Giants

Post by Totenfarmer »

Good to hear you agree, Max, we have actually talked a bit on your site, my name is "Bjorn" there, you`ll find me in your inbox :)
Love the work you guys do, and nice to see someone add posts to this thread, maybe it will help :)