Wheel / Controller Questions.

Megatherion

Wheel / Controller Questions.

Post by Megatherion »

I am (attempting) to use the Saitek Heavy Equipment Wheel, Pedals and Side Panel with this simulator. It does not seem to detect many axes, the Wheel has 2 analog joysticks on it (similar to an Xbox 360 controller setup) and it will not remap / detect some axes on the joysticks. Is this simulator limited to using / detecting a maximum of 4 axes? Also, what is the maximum number of buttons it will detect? (16?) If more details are needed, let me know. Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
W1der

Re: Wheel / Controller Questions.

Post by W1der »

I am currently using all "joysticks" on both the wheel and sidepanel - that would be 4 of them counting the sidepanel stick as 2 ... Also using the "twist" axis on the sidepanel. No problems with this at all!
Also using the "push" on the sticks of the wheel for sprint and jump, enter/exit vehicle and in combination to autodetect width for the gps mod.

I have had all buttons on the sidepanel mapped and even some in combos ...
The only problem I had with this is that with some combos it will also listen to the singel button command.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Megatherion

Post by Megatherion »

Are you talking about the ski region simulator game, or farming simulator? I ask because I am not familiar with a gps mod for ski region simulator, but I do use that mod on farming simulator.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

If you check the changelogs for the latest patches for FS15 you'll see that there have been a lot of changes to get FS15 to recognize all axes and buttons of the Saitek wheel and side panel correctly.

Since SRS uses a much older version of the Giants Engine it is most likely missing all those patches, therefore SRS most likely won't be able to regognize all axes and buttons of the wheel and side panel, and therfore you are limited to 4 axes and 16 buttons.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Megatherion

Post by Megatherion »

Thank you don_apple, that is what I figured, just wanted confirmation. Saitek wheel and side panel works beautifully with FS15, too bad older games are not compatible. I can always use VJoy and UJR as a workaround although I will still be limited to 4 axes and 16 buttons per virtual joystick, but with multiple virtual joysticks; I may be able to map everything.