First impressions after playing the FS2013 demo

Czicks

Re: First impressions after playing the FS2013 demo

Post by Czicks »

Did anyone else notice that the driver's arms never move?
PEIFarmer

Post by PEIFarmer »

Yea, I noticed that.. slightly disappointing. But his feet seem to be in different positions in different tractors. :lol:
farmhand007

Post by farmhand007 »

After messing around with the demo, I'm pretty satisfied with some of the improvements. The main thing that always annoyed me with fs11 was the physics, gravity seemed to be set too low. So far I haven't been able to flip a tractor or trailer over with ease, or somersault a tractor if I pick up an attachment at an odd angle. Still would like to have a camera angle thats not in a fixed third person perspective, to where it moves fluidly while keeping view point on back of tractor. The size of the map is very refreshing, lots of varied structures and town feels lively.

Only problem I'm having so far is that my driving force gt wheel can't be centered. Basically when I start out i can hit the accelerator and go forward then immediately it just automatically goes in reverse if I let off. The wheel combination works on euro truck simulator and other sims flawlessly so I don't see why it's having problems with the demo. Pretty sure it has to do with the deadzone being offset but theirs not much room for adjustment in the options menu.
alexbnc

Post by alexbnc »

One of the first things I will try as a modder is to add suspensions to the vehicles, see if I can. That will really make a difference for me.
trabo33

Post by trabo33 »

I would like to try modding but i dont even know where to begin
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Will you be able to add suspension to the vehicles in the game allready, or do you have to make a new vehicle, like in 2011?

One thing that would be nice too was if the wheels destroys the crops... so add a cultivater effect to the wheels... not nessesarily a track mark, but just destroying the fields when driving in them.
alexbnc

Post by alexbnc »

I can't do anything yet until I get the SDK.
eagleFMJ

Post by eagleFMJ »

Does FS2013 'Renewable Energy' like the DLC has for FS2011?

eagle
PEIFarmer

Post by PEIFarmer »

Yep!