Metric in english version

silverlore

Metric in english version

Post by silverlore »

Hi

I am from denmark and prefere the english version of the game. But in Denmark we use the metric system. So I would like to know if it is possible to get values shown in metric in the english version? e.x. km/h insteal of m/h and liters isntead og gallons.
ouhaha

Re: Metric in english version

Post by ouhaha »

Yes please add a setting in Options to select the units (metrics vs Imperial, ...).

I prefer the English version to the German (I don't understand German), but prefer metric units. By the way, tractors runs up to 40 km/h in German version, and 40 mph in English version of Farming Simulator 2011 (while visually going as fast). So if you do implement conversion, please use a conversion factor (in this case 1mph = 1.609km/h), not just the displayed unit. 25mph is about 40km/h for example.

My pre-ordered version is in English...
Rosenberg

Post by Rosenberg »

I hope they can fix this too. I don`t know why they even use mph and gallons, because there is only two countrys in the world using it...
ouhaha

Post by ouhaha »

Rosenberg wrote:I hope they can fix this too. I don`t know why they even use mph and gallons, because there is only two countrys in the world using it...
maybe because one of those two countries is a big market... the US (>300M people). The UK is still >60M people... Australia too (~23M). IIRC, India still speaks English and often uses Imperial units too... (>1200M people).

An idea for Giants: I guess more customization ('advanced options"?) is required. For sure the "unit" settings. Maybe more parameters for the graphics (now only filtering and "auto - low - medium - high - very high" which does not tell you which drawing distance is used for example), more parameters for the driving (steer going back to middle automatically or not, keyboard steering being 0-100% directly or more gradual), ... Some of these things can be accomplished by hacking into savegame files (IIRC for LS2011). I guess these things are quite easy to add, and will be greatly liked. Thanks already Giants for allowing people to make Mods. Keep up the good work!
RaShCl

Post by RaShCl »

I am safe to say it wil be possible to get KPH in this game due to the fact
i could choose it in the settings menu of the Demo :P
Rosenberg

Post by Rosenberg »

@ ouhaha

If the US is such a huge market, why is the official FS forum mainly in german? Most people outside the german boarders don`t understan a single german word. So i don`t think they have given the whole thing much thougt. And the numers in the game is closer to liters and kph than gallons and mph.
My Lamborghini R3 110 has got around 100liter fueltank and has a top speed of 40kph. And that is, as far as i can see, exactly the same tractor as the DF Agrotron 430 TT.
But this is no big deal in the game. The important thing is the economic system, at it seems like they have done that much better in FS2013.
n9mfk9

Post by n9mfk9 »

Hi RaShCl,
what did you click on those get to those options?
thanks beau
Staalker

Post by Staalker »

Rosenberg wrote:@ ouhaha

If the US is such a huge market, why is the official FS forum mainly in german? Most people outside the german boarders don`t understan a single german word. So i don`t think they have given the whole thing much thougt. And the numers in the game is closer to liters and kph than gallons and mph.
My Lamborghini R3 110 has got around 100liter fueltank and has a top speed of 40kph. And that is, as far as i can see, exactly the same tractor as the DF Agrotron 430 TT.
But this is no big deal in the game. The important thing is the economic system, at it seems like they have done that much better in FS2013.
The developers are German.

And no one said that the US was the biggest market for the game, just that it was the largest English speaking market for the game, and as such the US uses the imperial system.

But I do agree it should be an option.

I play Eurotrucker 2, and it is an option in that game. Although, it is bugged in some places where the speed limit will show 50 but it means KMH and not MPH. Got a lot of tickets in that town, lol. But in FS, it wouldn't matter if it showed KMH or MPH really. It's only a visual preference.

Seeing how easy the game is too mod, I am sure there is an easy file change you can make to get the MPH to show instead.
Dexadrinne

Post by Dexadrinne »

Yep US HUGE market. This is why the US has no servers for MP LOL !!!!. All the servers are in EU.. Go figure eh?
Thor613

Post by Thor613 »

I signed up to the forum to submit a feature request for metric system in English in FS2013. Seems like I'm not the only one that would like this feature. :-)

Is the forum the only place to submit a feature request/provide feedback?
Old McZerO

Post by Old McZerO »

Bump

Not like anyone still uses the Imperial system anyway so why have it in-game.
celath

Post by celath »

Being a one of those *$#%§* Americans, its far easier for me to visualize 1 acre than .4 hectare. But, even then, as long as I am having to convert all the units, or none, i can make due.

But, here I have mph, liters, and a combination of kW and HP ratings for the same tractor sold in Dollars. *brain fried*

Pick a collection of units, or let me pick my own, please.
Farmer2013

Post by Farmer2013 »

I can sell you 1 cow for 50 dollars and 5 euros if you give me ten gallons of fuel and 5 liters of milk and then 1 acre and 5 meters of land. I mean what we're they thinking?
I was a farmer once, but then I took an arrow to the knee..