[HELPFUL INFORMATION] + Videos

Boomer506

Re: [HELPFUL INFORMATION] + Videos

Post by Boomer506 »

Execration wrote:This might be common but thought I would throw it out there anyways:

If you can't afford the huge machines/equipment yet, you can hire multiple workers to sow, cultivate, harvest. Early on I combined fields 15 and 16, it was so big I wound up running 3 harvesters (the $22k ones), 2 $22k cultivators, and 4 sowers (the cheap $4500 ones). Sure you pay labor, but you get it done way faster; the faster you cultivate/sow a field = the faster you get plants = faster money.
I'm playing a bit different, I do my best to keep the equipment running constantly. You pay for it if it is idle or active, so I did my best to invest in fields, keeping them at different stages (planting, fertilizing, growing, harvest) and using hired help. If you can keep the hired help working away with a seeder while you help another harvest in another field, you're keeping equipment you already own busy.
Flatlusa

Post by Flatlusa »

Hey! Thank you for the awesome videos :) Just startet playing a week ago or so, and yours and other videos are useful when it comes to what to do and not for newbies. I like how you're not afraid to show when stuff goes a bit wrong since you learn as much from mistakes as from doing it perfectly the first time. One question, the grey Lizard FEL (featured in video 7) seems to be very popular and i would like to get that before starting with cows. I have no problems finding it on webpages but they are all password protected... Where did you get your loader?

I have one videorequest, could you demonstrate the self propelled mixer vehicle? Would be nice to see how it works, if it can pick up silage/straw/grass/teddered grass and such directly from the ground as this would reduce the need for bailing equipment.
Omnimous

Post by Omnimous »

Hey just putting this out there. I started making How To videos for Farming Simulator 2013...you can check them out here http://www.youtube.com/user/omnimous69

I've made how to make manure, how to make silage, how to make hay and straw bales, and how to make easy money with lots more to come!

Check it out!
Nicksil

Post by Nicksil »

Flatlusa wrote:One question, the grey Lizard FEL (featured in video 7) seems to be very popular and i would like to get that before starting with cows. I have no problems finding it on webpages but they are all password protected... Where did you get your loader?
Hey, just wanted to step in real quick to help you out with your question here.

The Lizard is already available in-game and can be purchased under the Front Loaders category at the shop.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Flatlusa

Post by Flatlusa »

Man! Talk about beeing completely blind... For some reason i assumed the Lizard would be the top end loader and searched at the bottom of the list, since i didn't see it concluded that it had to be a mod. Just proves that you should never assume, it makes an ass of u and me (mostly me :p )

Thanks!
jayjay5396

Post by jayjay5396 »

how do i take manure to my greenhouses, ive just wasted some trying to put it in a small trailer that dont work what should i use???
Helpful FS 2013 mods: (no bugs)
Attach any trailer to any tractor:
http://www.gamemoding.com/farming-simul ... v-1-0.html
Bale clamp:
http://www.simulatormods.com/farming-si ... v-1-0.html
wizard4278

Post by wizard4278 »

Flatlusa wrote:Hey! Thank you for the awesome videos :) Just startet playing a week ago or so, and yours and other videos are useful when it comes to what to do and not for newbies. I like how you're not afraid to show when stuff goes a bit wrong since you learn as much from mistakes as from doing it perfectly the first time. One question, the grey Lizard FEL (featured in video 7) seems to be very popular and i would like to get that before starting with cows. I have no problems finding it on webpages but they are all password protected... Where did you get your loader?

I have one videorequest, could you demonstrate the self propelled mixer vehicle? Would be nice to see how it works, if it can pick up silage/straw/grass/teddered grass and such directly from the ground as this would reduce the need for bailing equipment.
The self propelled mixer only picks up silage. The hay and straw must be loaded into it with a front-end loader.
Hope this helps.
Professional Wise-Ass ~ Purveyor of Sarcastic Humor ~ Part-Time Alcoholic
~If you think I'm bad here, you should see me on Facebook~
Bootslacrosse

Post by Bootslacrosse »

I have been experimenting with mix ratios in the Confort feeder and what I have found is that you don't need to add straw to your mixture to get 100% productivity. Add 2 round bales of hay and top off with silage until the symbol turns from brown to white. As for the straw, just pick it up with a forage wagon and dump in the trough near the cow building. I use the Confort feeder because you don't need to use frontloader to add silage although I prefer the 1880 capacity.
NytOwl69

Post by NytOwl69 »

jayjay: Use either the Lizard or a Front Loader with a bucket
WearierJester

Post by WearierJester »

jayjay5396 wrote:how do i take manure to my greenhouses, ive just wasted some trying to put it in a small trailer that dont work what should i use???
You need to scoop it out of the manure pen with a FEL using either the shovel, or the manure forks. Then you can transport it directly to the greenhouse. It's a bit of a pain this way so that is why I have all of my greenhouses at field 35 next to the cow pasture.
BCRancher

Post by BCRancher »

My Newbie tips (I havnt watched the video's; I ended up learning most of this on my own).

1. Water is free from the large river on the north end of the Hagenstedt map. Pull through the camp site, dunk the trailer in the river and refill. (it is not free however from the creek along the south end)

2. The Agrovector outperforms the Agrofarm for working with pallets and bales. Like anything that is highly versatile the Agrofarm 430 tends to underperform compared to specialized equipment.

3. You can drop bales in the Biogas shredder (where you dump silage for cash). You will be paid the same as if you took them to the straw barn.

4. Grass (hay) bales are worth more than straw bales.

5. Planting grass should be considered permanently erasing that field. The number remains but the borders will never be as nice as when you started the game. Think three times before planting grass.

6. Greenhouses and Cows may not make you rich over night, but they add some serious longevity to the game. Having something to do when waiting for your crops to mature is incredibly satisfying.

Recommended mods; the ATV (if you didnt get it with the game), the mod to let you place fertilizer tanks, and my personal favorite the Renault magnum truck.

Mods to avoid: The placeable sheds (there are very few spots to put them that wont look horrible); the placeable flood lights (cause serious FPS issues on my laptop due to all of the extra shadows)
mrsnobber

Post by mrsnobber »

It would be a great help if you also mentioned that the milk get autoselled!
StandingCow

Post by StandingCow »

He did mention it, when he saw the milk truck pulling up.

Thanks for doing these videos, they were a big help with getting started.
n9mfk9

Post by n9mfk9 »

were can i find the Renault magnum truck
thanks beau
BCRancher

Post by BCRancher »

n9mfk9 wrote:were can i find the Renault magnum truck
thanks beau
http://ls-portal.eu/krampe-bandit-sb30- ... lt-magnum/

I got it in this pack. I only use the truck tho with the vanilla game trailer (61000 liter)