Amazone D9 3000 Super Question

0xDECAFBAD

Amazone D9 3000 Super Question

Post by 0xDECAFBAD »

I'm not on the game right now, but last night I bought the Amazone D9 3000 Super because it said something about being able to use it solo or with a cultivator. For some reason I thought that meant I could attach a cultivator, and then attach the D9 3000 to the cultivator. Does that mean I can just use it without cultivating the soil first?

Thanks for the help :)
Calamarain

Re: Amazone D9 3000 Super Question

Post by Calamarain »

The Amazone D9 will not cultivate & seed in one step, although it looks as though it should from the store description. The Amazone Cayena 6001 and Condor 15001 will both cultivate & seed in one step, as will the Horsch Express 3TD & Pronto 9DC. None of them will remove straw that has been left behind a combine harvester, but your crops will grow through it with no problem.

You could bale the straw first and then use one of the one-step seeders as I do, or cultivate first. It won't make a difference to the one-step seeders either way.
0xDECAFBAD

Post by 0xDECAFBAD »

Ah alright thanks. They should change the description. Considering the working width is the same, is there any difference between this and the starting seeder? Also, what is the function of those things that fold down from the side of the seeder?
inzainia

Post by inzainia »

they are called markers, they draw a line in the dirt for you to follow on the next pass, to help keep rows straight, they serve no other purpose and dont hurt anything they run over. z key alternates between the left and right and none.
Calamarain

Post by Calamarain »

There isn't any real difference in the two, although it's a meter wider than the Lizard seeder, and holds more seed. The markers don't serve any useful purpose, but if you use them on an area you have already seeded, they will plough a small line up the field, and no crop will grow there.