Management mode?

Inge Jones

Management mode?

Post by Inge Jones »

Ok, I may have bought the wrong game. I can't drive in real life - and I don't think I am ever going to get the hang of or enjoy driving the machinery. Can the game be played in management mode so I decide what machinery and fields to buy and what to grow, while getting staff to do the actual work? And I mean something more hands off than driving the tractor onto the field and then hiring someone. I mean click on field, select plow, and then suddenly a guy appears and starts doing it lol.
Dragun

Re: Management mode?

Post by Dragun »

i'm afraid you indeed bought the wrong game as what you describe is not possible in this game.

sorry to hear you dont really like this game but just try it out some more and maybe you will start to enjoy it more.

greetz dragun
Greetz Dragun
The Netherlands.
Inge Jones

Post by Inge Jones »

maybe if I had a steering wheel or something but with my fingers on the WSAD keys I am constantly pressing the wrong one, so I am kind of all over the place and I end up with a stiff neck and shoulders from the tension of trying to control the vehicle.

I should have learnt my lesson, I was the same with Trainz. I ended up asking them to add a passenger mode so I could just look out of the window and enjoy the layout I made while someone else drove the train - I seemed to be derailed or in a ditch every couple of minutes. :(
WolfDK1984

Post by WolfDK1984 »

Well.

Then dont buy simulator game's, go for RTS game's instead
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other Bastard die for his"
George S. Patton.

"Who am I? I am but the sum of my experiences
and today i am more than i was yesterday and less than i will be tomorrow"
TerraByte.

"And why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up"
Thomas Wayne.
Inge Jones

Post by Inge Jones »

I thought if I can get into a multiplayer game and watch the other players in action I might get the idea, but I can't find out how to connect. Apparently it is some firewall problem but I don't know what to do to fix it. Specific instructions for noobs both to farming and to multiplayer games seem thin on the ground. The game looks like it could be amazing once one has somehow broken past the barriers. Are there any other forums dealing with the game that are more geared up to hand-holding a beginner? I don't like to pester the gurus with stuff they mastered years ago! :)
Tonko

Post by Tonko »

Just ask here if your having a hard time understanding anything. What specifically are you having a hard time with?
Metz

Post by Metz »

Inge Jones. Instead of struggling with multiplayer, why don't you go to Youtube.com and type in fs2013 in the search-field. Then you will find lots of videos to watch about farming in this game.
Inge Jones

Post by Inge Jones »

Tonko, thankyou. One thing that would help me is to have a very slow cruise control speed while I get used to the steering. Is there a way of having the tractor go about 5 miles an hour? I am happy to edit xmls if they hold the means to set up this speed. A variable accellerator would have been great, but I guess it's impossible to emulate that with keyboard and mouse!

Now the port and firewall problem:
I have Windows7 Pro. In my firewall settings, FS2013 is ticked as allowed, and there is a tick also under the Private Network column, but not in Public Network column. I am not hosting a game, so is this right so far? As for specifying ports, I don't see somewhere to do that for windows. However, I do have a modem that appears to offer settings like this - is that where I should be doing it? NB, we do run a http server with incoming connections.
Metz

Post by Metz »

4 = Harvesting speed = 6 mph
Inge Jones

Post by Inge Jones »

Thank you Metz, I will try that.