Silage trailers

PEIFarmer

Silage trailers

Post by PEIFarmer »

I would like to be able to load silage into a trailer at the BGA and take it to the cattle farm silage bunker. I've looked at all the trailers available and none of them say anything about holding silage. Once the bunker at the cattle farm is full I cant make any more silage until it's emptied. :sadnew:
Last edited by PEIFarmer on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old McZerO

Re: [ Feature Request ] Silage trailers

Post by Old McZerO »

Go to the store page/tippers, at the bottom under the semi-trailer jockeys is a sillage transport trailer.
PEIFarmer

Re: [ Feature Request ] Silage trailers

Post by PEIFarmer »

You sir, are my hero! *thumbsup*
RubberPIX

Re: Silage trailers

Post by RubberPIX »

Actually, the Bergmann HTW 65 is a chaff and grass transport trailer, although how you get the grass in it is a mystery for now. I looked at the .xml for the trailer and no silage is mentioned and I believe there isn't a trailer that can do it. What I did until they add one is to modify another trailer to allow it to transport silage. All you need to do is make copies of all entries related to chaff and change one of the chaff entries to silage.

Andy
Old McZerO

Post by Old McZerO »

Does the new mod tipper on the official page do sillage? It says so in the description but haven't tested yet.
RubberPIX

Post by RubberPIX »

Yes

Andy
Old McZerO

Post by Old McZerO »

But can't transport sillage from one bunker to another. I have yet to try this but are you able to top up a fermented sillage heap with chaff and ferment or do you need to what till there is no sillage in bunker and start the process again?

If this is possible the ideal setup would be to use the BGP for chaff storage then simply top up the bunker at the pasture as needed.
RubberPIX

Post by RubberPIX »

Chaff is different from silage. Silage is what comes after grass, dried grass and/or chaff are fermented. You can't add silage to a bunker that doesn't already have silage, but I think it's a good possibility that you can transfer silage from one bunker to another so long as the destination already has some silage.

Andy
Staalker

Post by Staalker »

Yes, you can put more silage on top of a bunker that actually has silage already.

This can be tested by getting a front loader, picking up a scoop of silage...backing away, then dumping it right back on top of the pile.