PRESENTATION

stibz / Rob

Re: PRESENTATION

Post by stibz / Rob »

Hi, I'm Rob, had interest in farms as a young kid here in the uk, lived and worked on farms till 21yr old, then needed more money, so moved on into construction.
Done all the farm jobs in real life you could say, always loved it, just hated the wages.
Played many games online, like battlefield series with teamspeak, though not much ib recent years. Need to sort out/setup TS again, not 100% sure on how you join other online or find certain people.
but for now I enjoy the game, with my own multi million $$££ farm in career.
sfy

Post by sfy »

hi, i'm Steve, 43, from Utah. not really sure why youtube gave me some videos in the "recommended for you" section about this game.
but after trying the VERY limited demo i seem to be hooked.

once i get a bit better acquainted with the full game i will be looking or a multi player farm, hopefully same time zone which is Mountain Standard for me. if you happen to have played TDU2 on PC, you may have met one of my 5 profiles.

anyhoo, see you in the fields.
Markoz

Post by Markoz »

Hi.

I'm Mark. I am 54 years from Australia.Thanks for a great game that is lots of fun. I have to admit that it has me hooked! :D

The first job I got after leaving school, at the end of 1975, was working as a storeman and packer for Deutz in Melbourne. I would sometimes get to drive the brand new, just assembled, tractors. When I look at pictures of those "modern" tractors from back then, it shows me just how much things have changed since then.
So when playing Farming Simulator 2013, I get the opportunity to "drive" the modern Deutz-Fahr tractors, which for some crazy reason, I have just got to do.
I guess it has something to do with my time working for Deutz all those years ago. :)
Bearmat

Post by Bearmat »

Hey friendos my name is Randy but my handle is Bearmat. Where do I live? 'MURICA! Yes I live in the US of A in New Jersey, The Garden State! So it makes sense for me to have found this game. Even more over, I live in the Blueberry Capitol of the World. My town produces the most blueberries per acre than any other town on the planet. But enough about where I live, who I am is slightly less interesting. Just having recently graduated high school last year I went out and searched for a job, and to my luck I found one. I was a concrete testing technician, basically I got to use a big hydraulic press to crush concrete. I have always had a love for big machinery and having that job made it grow. So finding a game that combines my love for big machinery and a cultural background coming from a farming town, this game instantly had me hooked. Originally I thought I wouldn't like the game, but no so as you all can see. I started on the PC with first person shooters like combat arms, battlefield(s), and call of duty. Then I eventually sprouted out into other facets of gaming and thus, here I am today playing FS13, and anxiously awaiting the next installment of FS.
Gaditano

Post by Gaditano »

Hello everyone, my name is Juan Carlos and I'm from Spain. I like simulation games and I have 3 games Farming Simulator (2009, 2011 and 2013).

Greetings. :hi:
kinyocase

Post by kinyocase »

Hello folks,

My name is John and I've been working on a ranch in Montana since I was 13 years old. So 13 years of my life have been spent working on the same ranch in Montana. I honestly just found this game a few days ago and have been hooked since. I've got a good folder of mods in the game, and have even converted a few 2011 to 2013s. I've converted many into English for my usage and am so much happier since I can't read other languages. Hope to see some of you out in the farmin world.
Slexlaw

Post by Slexlaw »

Hi farmers.

My name is Dan. I am 39 and I work in the IT department for an insurer in Australia. About as far from farming activities as you can get, although I did grow up on a farm on the Gold Coast as a kid. I tried the demo to see how interesting a sim game of farming would be, and it hooked me. I never thought I would spend time in a game watching the chickens walk about and catch grubs, but it is strangely compelling. It's amazing how many mods there are for this game.
sfy

Post by sfy »

gotta love it when the chickens do their little scratch dance. now if we had a shotgun to silence that darn rooster.

welcome aboard.
gamerman01

Post by gamerman01 »

Hi guys,

I'm Ted and I'm 37. I live in the big farm State of Iowa, and grew up on a farm. I retired at age 18 :biggrin2: to go to business school.
So since then I've been a certified public accountant. I have figured out exactly how much per day I am making from the chickens, sheep, and cows, also for each grain type, per hectare, and per day for the placeable items.... All on a spreadsheet :geeknew: All net of expenses....

So anyway... enjoying both the farming and business aspect of this game. Sure brought back old memories, driving a combine across windrows, all the funny things that happen when you don't drive perfectly straight, etc etc and some of the old farming techniques actually come in handy!

Hoping for an improved experience in FS2014! Lots of room for improvement.

Have a 12 y/o son too, and he didn't get to experience the farm boy childhood I did, but now we have the next best thing! Farming on 2 computers in adjacent rooms, I get to say "hey, go plow that field" and "hurry up and get that wagon to me so I can unload". Pretty cool. My multiplayer handle is, of course, "Dad"
mrnascar

Post by mrnascar »

Les here, from Cobourg, Ontario (east of Toronto), Canada. I am 67, and have enjoyed gaming for a number of years. Before FS, my game of choice was Civilization (2 thru 4 - my computers can't handle Civ V)

I'm a retired paint chemist from Dupont, and a fan of auto racing. My other hobby is building and collecting model race cars. and literature.

My son got me this game as kind of a joke, as I'm always talking about life on the farm as a kid. Little did he know - it was the best Xmas gift I got! I have become totally addicted to it.

My farm experience was a bit different from that in the game, as I grew up on a small (70 acres = 28 hectares) dairy farm in Eastern Ontario, Canada in the 1950's. We had a 40's vintage McCormick-Deering W-4 tractor, an Allis Chalmers Side delivery rake and an IH baler. The rest of our equipment was old horse drawn stuff, with the tongue cut down and converted to a tractor hitch. (mower, corn binder, etc)
mr2tbar

Post by mr2tbar »

im dave from the uk i used to work on farms from age 12 to 20
now i drive trucks for a living
found farm simulator last year and its a great game
have my own multiplayer game any uk or euro people want to help
hawkins_syd

Post by hawkins_syd »

hey,

I'm Daniel, a 23 year old from Australia. I work on my family farm full time as well as play this game when im not actually taking care of sheep and doing seeding in winter. Cant wait to have a multiplayer sessions with use.
Dafy25

Post by Dafy25 »

Bonjour,
Alors moi c'est seb, chauffeur routier, 28 ans et j'habite dans le Doubs.
J'ai commencer farming avec le 2013 et je l'ai tout de suite adoré. Je me suis lancer dans le création d'une map a partir de rien....pas facile!
sinon je n'ai que 4 mod ( 1 moissonneuse, 2 scania et le quad de giants ) je ne n'aime pas les mods qui facilitent trop le jeu.
keith557444

Post by keith557444 »

Hi im Keith im 43 from minnesota and been playing fs since 2010 love fs 2013 play it everyday i enjoy getting away from the everyday life and if anyone can tell me how to chat with others playing this online i would apricate it very much
Jinglehimmer1

Post by Jinglehimmer1 »

Hello,
I am John, 33, from Kansas. I grew up on and farm crops only. So growing up and living in KS. Farming is a huge part of life. This is my first farm simulator. I bought this last weekend. Let me tell it is awesome. I have no feeling in my left hand due to over- game usage. But I will grind it out and be fine. Thanks.