[BrainStorming] -What would you like to see in a future DLC?

Fauztran

[BrainStorming] -What would you like to see in a future DLC?

Post by Fauztran »

In Farming Simulator 2011, I was excited about DLCs as they came out. Once they hit the STEAM servers, I had them purchased and downloaded in no time. The additional equipment gave me further options on how to approach my farming landscape. I made use of most, if not all, of the items available. I did like the Farming Classics pack too. The many cheap tractors changed and simplified how I started a new game.

Assuming DLCs will be available for Farming Simulator 2013, what would you like to see in any of those upcoming packs?

[I grabbed the ideas in the posts below and consolidated them up here for quick reference. I do not take credit for the ideas. Keep in mind some of these are ideas are simple and some are far more complex. The simpler it is the more likely it will happen and could be available in a DLC or patch. The more complex the more likely it will be reserved for a future release of the game. Regardless, I would like to see all ideas on the table.

Also understand that the current gaming engine has limitations and many of these ideas may not be feasible until the next release of the full game. However, I suspect they will keep using this gaming engine as they have a foundation in place and its simply a matter of building on.]

[Hands!] - I think the ability to use your hands, to grab a bale of hay/straw, and move it or stack it, would be great. From there, I'm sure we could come up with more applications for hands.
"In addition maybe some hand tools would be nice as well. These are what I thought of: "
  • Pitchfork - for bales, straw
    Shovel - for silage, manure (because hands get smelly)
    Chainsaw - (maybe?) despawns trees at the current location

[Farming Classics DLC] - Some folks are seeking 50s, 60s related packs which could involve a secondary official map. Perhaps the map could be dated back in the 50s and 60s, meaning the map objects would correspond accordingly. Older houses, older cars on the road... etc.

[New Implements] - "Small and midsize balers." "Better trailers for moving gear." "..a trailer with removable sides for wool pallets", "... see implements made by Case IH or Deutz", "...some Chisel ploughs", "...an Auger Wagon (or Grain cart/chaser bin/etc)", "add a trailer hinge to the big Agroliner tipper", "...midsize harvesters." ".. big massive monster combine or two with even wider cutters, hoppers and matching header trailers with lock mechanisms so the headers don't fall off while going down the road." "... New spiffier trailers would be nice too." "...Trucks for moving crop or machinery around", "can we have a dedicated truck for towing?" I know personally, I would like to see a harvester that could be better than the starter Fahr but cheaper than the next one up. The Lizard from FS2011 would be ideal.

[Fix Agrovector Trailer Hitch] - "Fix the Agrovector trailer hitch bug properly.Slightly annoying that it was broken in 2011 and is still broken in 2013." Indeed...

[More Brands] - Understanding the "the legal issues behind this", "...more Case IH Equipment", such as licensing costs. It would be cool to see a few dealerships, each carrying a few different brands. I don't know how much it costs Giants to use brand names, but you'd think it wouldn't cost anything.

[Duelies option for certain tractor types] - Whether this is simply for "cool factor" or actual use I don't know. Currently, the way the game is designed, I don't see a "use" for it, however I don't want to discourage it if people want it.

[ES limiters on the tractors] - Lots of talk about this. I get the impression many would love to have this standard on all applicable machinery.

[Machine/Implement Conditions] - Brand New, Used, Dirty, Old. These are a matter of skins/overlays being applied. "... and it would make the auctions make sense."

[Maintenance/breakdown] - "...maintenance cost reduced or removed if you park tractors and implements in the barns and sheds", "I would like it if every thing had a certain number of uses and then needed replaced. I would like it if every thing had a certain number of uses and then needed replaced. This could be after the recommended number of engine hours that is in the maintenance schedules for vehicles and a random for cultivators to simulate loosing tines etc", "the reason machines do no break down is that the manufacturers would not be so keen to license their names if their machines were portrayed as faulty after use." Abilty for a tractor to break down and you either have to drive it over yourself with a maintenance vehicle to fix it yourself, or call an NPC server truck to come over and fix it. The better the service tools, the quicker it is fixed. The type of break down may required bigger service vehicles. However, if what Farmer Topher says is true, the odds of tractors breaking down is not in our favor.

[Balanced/Accurate Tractor Stats] - "Also too many tractors seem to have too much power. ...the smallest tractor can still pull the largest cultivator which makes the point of buying a CASE IH model pointless", "CASE tractor. which other than physically BIG and expensive serves very little benefit to the player."

[New Maps] - "...new official Giants map." "...larger fields." "...more room to place objects."

[More Day/Night Realism] - Darker nights, actual moving sun and moon.

[AI Farmers] - "AI farmers working their fields and buying your goods or selling their goods." This is a very intriguing concept which could dramatically change the game most favorably. I would certainly like to see this idea develop further.

[Customizable farm/Placeable Buildings] - Bale barn with an autostacking feature. "A placeable straw blower to put next to cows and drop bales in (so u don't have to use the attachment)." This idea I would love to see developed too. What if you started with only a few simple buildings, but as you grow, you get bigger and better buildings?

[More crops] - "...alfalfa for hay, carrots, beans, etc" Grapes? Apples?

[Crop Growing Methods & Results] - "Also some crops should give a higher yield if you manure, plough, then cultivate, sow then ferlise all before harvest whilst con say can follow a no till schedule with say needing double fertiliser if you do so. eg. if you use GM corn seed you need to use lots of fert but can go no till. I don-t think this would be to difficult and could be only on the hard level."

[Fishing or Fish Farm] - Fishing I believe was submitted as a recreational option. Fish farming is what I first understood. Not bad ideas, but not a priority.

[New Mission Content] - "Farming oriented missions." This I would like to see discussed more in detail.

[Contract Missions] - "....something before u do missions for a specific business. So like i go to the golf course and say i'll cut your grass when u need it. This way u only get missions u want to do." Interesting concept.

[More industries or some expansion to existing industries] - "I would personally like to see the dairy industry represented better in the game." Should be explored. Ideas come to mind such as buying stock or business outright. You wouldn't have to do anything in the business, just get a cut of the profits.

[Ability to get fuel from the gas plant instead of cash] - Neat idea.

[Ability to transport silage from one bunker to another] - Good suggestion.

[Customizable Farmer Avatars] - This would be great for multiplayer.

[More Useful Hired Help] - "Allow workers to fertilize with fertilizer spreaders and sprayers. That is, make them HIRABLE, like seeders, etc."

[Buying & Selling Livestock for Meat] - "sell cows and chickens to a butchery and/or meat-processing plant. Prices fluctuate like current grain prices.."

[Dairy Farm] - "Make map more based on dairy farm. Barns and supplie close to main property. Start with cows maybe include quota or free market milk price choices.
Maybe proportionate startup loans with map for certain size herd.."

[Connecting Grenhouses] - "Rather than multiple small units each with seperate water and manure tanks why not have gutter connect greenhouses that the industry actually uses."

[FRICTION] - I don't know what the limitations are for this game engine, but the weight and friction formulas are lacking. If I drive a tractor and hit a bale of hay, the bale slides as if I was curling. When I'm loading a palette of wool on the blue trailer, I often have trouble as the weight of the loaded palette doesn't seem to create enough friction with the trailer to override the friction of my steel forks, allowing my forks to slide away when I want to pull away. Instead, the palette tends to stick to my forks and I end up pulling the palette back to me. Perhaps this game engine doesn't simulate weight and friction very well in the first place.
Last edited by Fauztran on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:53 am, edited 12 times in total.
Whoa! They come with back hoes?!
Started playing since FS2011. Now Playing FS19 on and off.
I play as "Fauz" or " Papa" in Multiplayer
STEAM Id: Fauztran
Wrongway

Re: What would you like to see in a future DLC?

Post by Wrongway »

I would like to see full DLC packs similar to 2011 and farming classics etc. But I am not sure if there will be as much as there was with 2011 as Giants don't allow 3rd party pay for addons like Pro Farm anymore I was told. But I would love to see a good 50's or 60's complete DLC pack with map and equipment which I would gladly pay for.
Farmer2013

Post by Farmer2013 »

Not sure about any DLCs - today's trend seems to be "we put some game for sale and maybe fix bugs in that " - Let the players do more content - they do have dedicated mod page on their site, don't they? What it comes to requests of content of potential DLCs.. well let's just say someone made full game, took some parts off from it, maybe they could be sold someday.
I was a farmer once, but then I took an arrow to the knee..
Fauztran

Post by Fauztran »

DLCs are a way of making "quick cash" adding to existing work. I understand and endorse the concept.

However, I also understand some game designers rush out an unfinished product, and using DLCs to complete it. Or put out a basic game and bank on the modding community's popularity to market or provide the real value to the game. I don't endorse either of that.

With FS2011/FS2013, to me, seems like an evolving game. So if they put out a base product and then contribute addons, I'm find with that as long as I don't feel the addons were used to "finish" the game. I think its a matter of perspective at times.
Whoa! They come with back hoes?!
Started playing since FS2011. Now Playing FS19 on and off.
I play as "Fauz" or " Papa" in Multiplayer
STEAM Id: Fauztran
traveler159

Post by traveler159 »

I'd like to see an Amish DLC pack!
Can you believe that I played FS2011 on hard for years and never used fertilizer?

Only to learn that fertilizers double the yield in FS2013 AND FS2011!

True story!
Farmer GM

Post by Farmer GM »

I would love to see a variety of new implements and tools. Bigger hay/grass bales, an option to change to duelies front/back for heavier duty tractors, more brands (I understand the legal issues behind this) to choose from, larger fields than 2013 has, more room to place placeable objects, give us the option to move our yard buildings to our liking, variety of more crops to harvest, and crop specific trailers so we don't rely on one trailer to do 95% of everything. Oh yea, allow us to transport silage from one bunker to another! :chinese:
A BIG salute to farmer's and trucker's who keep the world going. If it weren't for you, our belly would cry.
Tonko

Post by Tonko »

I really would just like to see some giants DLC with better trailers for moving gear, maybe a pickup truck of some kind. Some Trucks for off farm work (moving grain to sell etc). And of course more tools, harvesters and tractors. But I really want stuff to make off farm work more interesting. Tired of driving a tractor and trailer to sell wool bales.
Old McZerO

Post by Old McZerO »

I would really like to see some new content. The current content is ok for a while but when you have everything up and running it really becomes quiet boring. The fun in the game is the grind at the start and after that it dies away fairly quickly. More industries or an expansion of a particular industry would be nice: I would personally like to see the dairy industry represented better in the game.
brack

Post by brack »

I've had some ideas for new DLC or mods.
Placeable buildings:
  • Bale Barn - A building with an autostack feature to stack bales that u leave in there.
  • Straw Blower - A placeable straw blower to put next to cows and drop bales in (so u don't have to use the attachment).
Also you should have to sign a "contract" or something before u do missions for a specific business. So like i go to the golf course and say i'll cut your grass when u need it. This way u only get missions u want to do.
kewldude_001

Post by kewldude_001 »

I just would like to see a little more realizm with night and day. Meaning darker nights. I played around with the mod that was put out for 2011 but I couldn't get it to work. 2013 was changed some. Anyways if they could at least add an option in game or something would be nice
Punnikin

Post by Punnikin »

Small and midsize balers, a trailer with removable sides for wool pallets, midsize harvesters, more crop types (alfalfa for hay, carrots, beans, etc), movable buildings and facilities (for a fee of course), forestry, the ability to get fuel from the gas plant instead of cash, farming oriented missions, different maps and fishing. All work and no play, you know.
Farmer GM

Post by Farmer GM »

What would be cool if we had a map where there were AI farmers working their field and buying your good or selling their goods. THAT would be pretty bad ass. IT gets kind of lonely (LOL) in single player mode but don't want to do MP. :blushnew:
A BIG salute to farmer's and trucker's who keep the world going. If it weren't for you, our belly would cry.
Cpt.Ass
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by Cpt.Ass »

Or tractors could break down..
Steam: mikerowe666 - feel free to add me.
Lars-the-Dane

Post by Lars-the-Dane »

Farmer GM wrote:What would be cool if we had a map where there were AI farmers working their field and buying your good or selling their goods. THAT would be pretty bad ass. IT gets kind of lonely (LOL) in single player mode but don't want to do MP. :blushnew:
that would be great, and it would make the auktions make sence. i would also like to see a washing place for tractors etc.
Jesus loves you!! Odin demands you to GROW THE fu** UP
Nina

Post by Nina »

Cpt.Ass wrote:Or tractors could break down..
I would actualy like to see this.. expecialy when you flip them or crash them