[WIP] Country Life Map FS2013

fsmodding

[WIP] Country Life Map FS2013

Post by fsmodding »

Welcome to Country Life. A map based in England. We have still got much to do and testing etc.

Lets get to the good stuff and show you our progress.

Click Spoiler for Images:

Comments are welcome, thanks for viewing.

This map is still in development and asking for release dates will not be accepted.
We will keep this topic updated will all the progress.

Thanks FSModding
Last edited by fsmodding on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fsmodding

Re: [WIP] Country Life Map FS2013

Post by fsmodding »

we have more updated image but as this does not resize properly please check http://fsmodding.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=174 for high quality re sizable images
Punnikin

Post by Punnikin »

Just a couple comments from what I can see so far:
The town area around the tractor dealership is kind of small and bland. Looks almost like a housing project instead of a town.
I played on a modded map with roads similar to the ones you have. They're kind of an eyesore, like every single road was paved and painted the day before. Not very realistic in that respect. Hopefully yours will at least lie properly instead of being the disjointed mess that ones I've seen are.
Identical hedges lining every single highway, side road and access road... for me that just looks far too constructed. Realism is a big thing for me. This almost looks like it was stamped down instead of built over time.

One more thing I forgot to add. You should put images, especially when yu have numerous ones, in a spoiler tab so folks with slower loading browsers don't have to sit and wait for a flood of images.

Another edit. :P

I didn't realize that Great States was your map. Those are the roads I was referring to. No offense but they look like hell in Great States. Clunky and overlapping, blocky, like huge slab had been overlapped, especially on hills and intersections.
Last edited by Punnikin on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fsmodding

Post by fsmodding »

Punnikin wrote:Just a couple comments from what I can see so far:
The town area around the tractor dealership is kind of small and bland. Looks almost like a housing project instead of a town.
I played on a modded map with roads similar to the ones you have. They're kind of an eyesore, like every single road was paved and painted the day before. Not very realistic in that respect. Hopefully yours will at least lie properly instead of being the disjointed mess that ones I've seen are.
Identical hedges lining every single highway, side road and access road... for me that just looks far too constructed. Realism is a big thing for me. This almost looks like it was stamped down instead of built over time.

One more thing I forgot to add. You should put images, especially when yu have numerous ones, in a spoiler tab so folks with slower loading browsers don't have to sit and wait for a flood of images.

well i accept you feedback and will see what i can do to make it more real, as for the roads we have made them in maya so there are 1 solid piece so there is no seems, so i dont see how you have seen them in another map :P we decided to do this as 1 solid piece for that exact reason, making the sections sit perfectly is a real pain, and they would not "roll" like they do now. flow up and down as smooth as silk, we agree that the paint yellow and white should be worn alot more, i will alter the texture files to see if we can achieve this. Hedges are from the pack and are the best suited to this map. Yes the town does look like a housing project but we are just working with what we have, we could model more rural type Building but that could take weeks/ months to get a good variety.

Thanks greatly for your feedback and over time we will be producing these rural type buildings.
Punnikin

Post by Punnikin »

The available buildings are fine, really, but the way they're laid out in a single neat row all the way around the dealership just doesn't look like a real town. People build houses with oddly shaped yards, or a little crooked just to be a jerk... that's what makes a town. :)
fsmodding

Post by fsmodding »

well we thought this would be the best option as the building are square and contain no "garden spaces" new building are being made and will be replacing these but as stated that may take some time for a variety.
TheDude408

Post by TheDude408 »

ooooo ...... Question Question .... where can i grab some of those Semi Trucks @ ...... id rather have semi truck/trailer combos for loading off from harvesters etc, instead of using my large tractors w/ the wonky Fifth Wheel attachment & semi trailer...
fsmodding

Post by fsmodding »

TheDude408 wrote:ooooo ...... Question Question .... where can i grab some of those Semi Trucks @ ...... id rather have semi truck/trailer combos for loading off from harvesters etc, instead of using my large tractors w/ the wonky Fifth Wheel attachment & semi trailer...
These are just map objects have no functions, you can convert the mods if you choose, but would need permission to upload them anywhere.
Aal3474

Post by Aal3474 »

I also have the map with the roads that seem to have been built in a shop and placed on the ground by an incompetent workforce, lol. I really like this map, but have one question about it. Where are all the water troughs? I can only find one and it is a long way from the farm?
Great job on the map by the way. I have a lot of fun with it.
fsmodding

Post by fsmodding »

Aal3474 wrote:I also have the map with the roads that seem to have been built in a shop and placed on the ground by an incompetent workforce, lol. I really like this map, but have one question about it. Where are all the water troughs? I can only find one and it is a long way from the farm?
Great job on the map by the way. I have a lot of fun with it.

The map your playing is the great states? this topic was created for a new map we are working on Visit our website to get support for other mods we have made.