Create brake lights in maya

Mantose

Create brake lights in maya

Post by Mantose »

Anyone have any idea how to create the brake lights for a vehicle in maya? I have been teaching myself over the past few days how to make a model and put it in game. I have figured out pretty much everything about trailers except the lights , I have no clue and I have no idea how to figure it out or where to look to learn.

I have tried a few things but I really dont know. Eveything else about making a trailer I could figure out by trial and error and by looking at default vehicles with giants editor and notepad++. I get the feeling I am not hitting the right settings in maya.
tom42728

Re: Create brake lights in maya

Post by tom42728 »

i have similar issues and end up switching back and forth between maya and 3ds max for me is always trial and error i save after i get 1 part done before moving to next part

but would love to have this answered as well and if you go at it trial and error good luck with that
Platform: PC
Specs: ASUS ROG Strix x570 MB, Ryzen 9 x5950 CPU, 128gig DDR4 Ram and GTX 1660 SC Ultra Graphics Card
Mantose

Post by Mantose »

I dont think trial and error in this situation will work, there are just too many possiblities. Its sad because I am sure it is just a couple of check boxes and loading a file or something but I am sure this question will never be answered because people that know how to do this will think it is too much work explaining to a new person.
Mantose

Post by Mantose »

Ok, so I made some progress. I know how to add the custom shader. Now I am trying to figure out how to get this line <Emissivemap fileId="17"/> in the i3d from maya.
tom42728

Post by tom42728 »

isn't that all exported when exported to i3d? or is there an option to check so that file is exported

sorry my friend just guessing as I don't have any luck with Maya i like the duplication in it though in 3ds max tends not only duplicate but expand the scale too and also have to create a model in 3ds max and open with maya to export as well as they don't have the plugins for 3ds max 2013 yet
Platform: PC
Specs: ASUS ROG Strix x570 MB, Ryzen 9 x5950 CPU, 128gig DDR4 Ram and GTX 1660 SC Ultra Graphics Card