Transporting Silage

NickelPlate

Transporting Silage

Post by NickelPlate »

Anybody figure out a way to move silage? The fermented chaff stuff that is. I had the idea to use the biogas bunkers to create silage and the plan was to use it not only at the biogas plant but as a way to store and transport to the cattle farm when needed. However it doesn't appear any of the trailers in the game (that I can find) will accept silage, only chaff. I tried dumping into them using the wheeled loader but the stuff just disappears.
Mantose

Re: Transporting Silage

Post by Mantose »

I think this question has been asked and people said the feeder mixer things were the only way unless you change a modded trailer. Also there is no place to dump it(other than the trough) after you load it in a trailer I am pretty sure. Although one person said you could dump it in the one concrete thing at the cow farm others have said it doesnt work.
RubberPIX

Post by RubberPIX »

The only trailers that will transport silage are mods. Also, I just tested it out and you can't transport silage from one bunker to another with a trailer. It MUST be moved by shovel because of the way the shovels empty themselves. There is just no trigger to empty a tipper in the bunker when silage is there.

Andy
Farmer GM

Post by Farmer GM »

Can't transport silage from Biogas bunkers to Cow bunker as there is no trigger as mentioned above. You could use a modded trailer that accepts silage to dump silage to the sheep feeders, that works. *thumbsup*
A BIG salute to farmer's and trucker's who keep the world going. If it weren't for you, our belly would cry.
NickelPlate

Post by NickelPlate »

Thanks for the answers guys. I figured there wasn't a way without mods.