This is just too weird

Rosenberg

This is just too weird

Post by Rosenberg »

This is an issue i hope they fix in the next patch.

When you pull the biggest trailer with the biggest tractor, you get a top speed of around 17-18mph.
But when you use a tractor with less than half the power, AND adding a weight on 2tonns, you fly away in over 30mph.
Whats up with that? Imo the Case IH tractors have no purpose in the game what so ever at this time. A huge waste of
money, and you just go slower...
Cpt.Ass
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Re: This is just too weird

Post by Cpt.Ass »

And they dont pull all the trailers like most of the other tractors.. So yeah atm they are pretty useless..
Steam: mikerowe666 - feel free to add me.
Nina

Post by Nina »

well, thanks for this. I WONT be saving up for the quadtrack afterall
NickelPlate

Post by NickelPlate »

Agreed. Some of the top end tractors are pretty underwhelming when towing the big filled trailers and are actually slower than the medium duty tractors which makes no sense. Case in point: The Agrotron X720 is a real dog when it comes to pulling things.

I also don't like the Case tractors as I can't stand the way articulated vehicles steer. The screen panning while steering is jerky and not smooth on all of them. The only one I use is the Lizard wheel loader at the Biogas plant only because that's the best way to heave silage into the shredder. But I wish Giants would fix the jerky screen movement on those when steering.
Legodragonxp

Post by Legodragonxp »

I did some testing and there are some very odd behaviors with the physics engine. The best tractor for towing trailers is actually the SuperTrac 2500VL on a price basis. In fact, the same bugs make performance better with four trailers than three. Overall it is isn't that big of a deal, and can give certain tractors a 'reason' for existing. http://i.imgur.com/Lwlg7.png
NickelPlate

Post by NickelPlate »

Nice chart. But I couldn't pull 4 of the loaded HKD 302 trailers with the Schluter. The front end just lifts off the ground and there is no front 3 point hitch for weight. The agrotron 620 is a good puller though I'll attest to that and not a heavy duty tractor.

I also really like the Lambo R6.125 (preorder tractor). It pulls any implement and the fully loaded 61k agroliner really well. Still, the X720 and TTV7250 diesel should yank around anything flat or uphill without slowing hardly at all.
Fauztran

Post by Fauztran »

I wonder how the stats are formulated for weight vs power.

Do each tractor/machine have a front and back weight stat? If so, are they set high enough? I seem to have some tractors being a little too light on its wheels at times.

Assuming they have weight stats at all, does the implement/trailer stats properly affect the front and/or back driving vehicle weight stats? Going by what is said in this thread, it doesn't sound like it.

Those CASE machines should be almost unstoppable.

Is this being addressed in the Technical Support thread as a "bug"?
Whoa! They come with back hoes?!
Started playing since FS2011. Now Playing FS19 on and off.
I play as "Fauz" or " Papa" in Multiplayer
STEAM Id: Fauztran
Nina

Post by Nina »

I hope so. I would love the quadtrac if it works right
ola

Post by ola »

I am not a farmer (but my grandfather was, and I helped him out quite a bit when I was younger). I've read a bit on the CASE IH and Deutz-Fahr websites, however.

This is my take:

I get the picture that all in-game soil is dry. The QuadTrac or the Steiger should be in its element on a soaked, muddy field, dragging a giant plow or several huge implements at once. They're made to go everywhere, no matter the conditions, with just about anything including a medium-sized cargo ship attached to them. Going fast isn't the priority, it's all about being the least slowest. The "smaller" (or, rather, not horribly big) tractors like the X720 are meant to go reasonably fast with a high but not extreme load under so-so but not horrible conditions.

The reason why we're seeing these numbers is probably (or should I say hopefully) because we're using those high-end tractors as intended, and that the extreme-end tractors from CASE IH lacks the proper conditions to shine.
Cpt.Ass
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by Cpt.Ass »

ola wrote:I am not a farmer (but my grandfather was, and I helped him out quite a bit when I was younger). I've read a bit on the CASE IH and Deutz-Fahr websites, however.

This is my take:

I get the picture that all in-game soil is dry. The QuadTrac or the Steiger should be in its element on a soaked, muddy field, dragging a giant plow or several huge implements at once. They're made to go everywhere, no matter the conditions, with just about anything including a medium-sized cargo ship attached to them. Going fast isn't the priority, it's all about being the least slowest. The "smaller" (or, rather, not horribly big) tractors like the X720 are meant to go reasonably fast with a high but not extreme load under so-so but not horrible conditions.

The reason why we're seeing these numbers is probably (or should I say hopefully) because we're using those high-end tractors as intended, and that the extreme-end tractors from CASE IH lacks the proper conditions to shine.
Muddy and going? Like this :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZJdv4y2 ... re=related
Steam: mikerowe666 - feel free to add me.
ola

Post by ola »

Maybe they should have used that third wheelpair... :-)