help with loading combine heads

britpol

help with loading combine heads

Post by britpol »

Hi everyone,

I've just retired and decided to start playing FS 2013. So far I like it but I have a question, well 2 actually.

I've searched on here but I have failed to find an answer to either question.

1) How do I load my combine head on a transport trailer?

2) How do I employ people. I've pressed the H key on my keyboard and nothing happens.

Any help would be nice.

Thanks in advanve,

britpol
TheDude408

Re: help with loading combine heads

Post by TheDude408 »

tbh .. i just drive my combines everywhere... not like some cop is gonna pull me over..

2nd ... H only works if youre in the tractor with right equipment for the job u want to do .. and it will do it to the best of its Point A to B ability ... and u have to @ the field of choice atleaset pointing in the direction of the field...
Mantose

Post by Mantose »

You can just drop the appropriate combine head on the appropriate trailer then attach the trailer to the combine and there should be an option to lock the combine head in place on the trailer. You should hear clicking noises and the combine head might move a little as it locks in place.

I normally just start the work on the field I want to work then hit H and the hired AI will take over so I can TAB to another vehicle.
NickelPlate

Post by NickelPlate »

There's no locking option to lock the header to the trailer, and yes it falls off if you're towing it around with the combine and make a sharp turn making it not nearly as useful. The reason for the trailer is navigating the narrow roadways with traffic which is tough to do when the header is as wide as the roadway. It seems to stick better however if you haul the trailer/header with a tractor as opposed to using it with the combine hitch. I don't know why Giants didn't put a locking mechanism on it. The game engine is certainly capable of it. On the Pr0farm header trailer for the New Holland combines in FS11, you could press the X key to lock the header to the trailer at which point it was impossible to come off in transit.
britpol

Post by britpol »

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the swift replies.

Thank you

britpol
Mantose

Post by Mantose »

I guess it is broken(unless I am doing it wrong) because it is suppose to work. If you look at the xml it has a line that looks like it is suppose to lock the header in place. <dynamicMountAttacherTrigger triggerNode="0>7" rootNode="0>" jointNode="0>" />

Apparently I have only used modded trailers that were converted from 2011 version and assumed I used the ingame one at some point. The modded trailers that work use

Code: Select all

<attacherJoints> 
         <attacherJoint jointType="cutter" index="9" /> 
    </attacherJoints>
I have read a few places that the game will have a new patch at some point that will fix many problems. Maybe the new dynamic trigger is one of them.
Nina

Post by Nina »

I tow my header trailer with the FEL and I have no problems keeping the header on.. but no locking as far as I know.