Greenhouses

Racn

Greenhouses

Post by Racn »

I really enjoyed the greenhouses and Bio Gas Plant in FS 11, so it really made my day when I saw they were also in FS13.
This time around I have now gotten to 17 greenhouses with 150 cows, the manure produced is really close to minimum required, if a person has a misdump or 2 the manure pile will not keep up. Going to use a ratio of 10 cows per greenhouse and see if that will build me a little reserve in the manure pile.
http://www.4shared.com/photo/jYIZENsk/2012-11-28_00001
lemansgranprix

Re: Greenhouses

Post by lemansgranprix »

Thanks for posting a screenshot, I like the Floodlights you're using. We currently have 200 cows and 15 greenhouses and lined the last row (upper right) along the fenceline of the back of the cow pasture.

Racn

Post by Racn »

Hey thats cool, the manure pit ran out when using 150 cows for 17 greenhouses, so I have increased herd to 170 cows to see if that will support 17 greenhouses.
Your set up looks real good to fill those bunkers.
britpol

Post by britpol »

Great and interesting post, I've been thinking of doing this but not sure yet how to work with cows. I too love the floodlights. Nice work.

britpol
lemansgranprix

Post by lemansgranprix »

Thanks, we currently have 200 cows, so we'll see how well they hold up against 15 greenhouses.
Nina

Post by Nina »

I REALY should sell my current greenhouse and buy a new one NEAR the cows.
KMVastro

Post by KMVastro »

Lemansgranprix, That's a nice layout of greenhouses. I have a couple of quick questions:

1) How do you get the greenhouses so nicely lined up? When I try to place and rotate them I can't get it quite as nice.
2) Have you had any problems with the milk truck getting stuck on any of the corner greenhouses?
lemansgranprix

Post by lemansgranprix »

Hi KMVastro,

Thank you,

1) We were only able to line them up so close if we did the one side first (and repeated) so in my screenshot, we started from the North and worked our way down, or the West and worked our way East (with the manure/water on the left (North to South) and the manure/water on the bottom (West to East). They will not stack so closely the other way around, oddly enough.

2) We have not had any trouble with the milk truck, we are close but not overlapping on the road very much. Also, we timed the game to save right before the milk truck delivery, laid down the greenhouses, sped up the clock and watched him drive by. Once we knew we were okay, we saved.
-bh-

Post by -bh- »

I dig your setup in the SS lemansgranprix. I think I'm gonna do something real similar to that if not the exact same ;)
lemansgranprix

Post by lemansgranprix »

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. When we expand, our goal is to keep them tight (back to back) in field 35. So we're hoping to place the next row up to the back of that first row (manure and water would be on the opposite side). And if there's room, repeat that again, although from what we can tell already, that will take a lot of cows.
Top Soil

Post by Top Soil »

where are all the water tanks - the only one I can remember is at the homestead, but I know I've seen others.

They go through about 2% of water and poo per hour, so have to fill them every two days?
Cras

Post by Cras »

Top Soil wrote:where are all the water tanks - the only one I can remember is at the homestead, but I know I've seen others.

They go through about 2% of water and poo per hour, so have to fill them every two days?
you can fill up your watertrailer at the rivers or the drinkingtroughs that are spread around Hagenstedt. Look out though, even if you fill it with water from the river it'll cost ya money...
Top Soil

Post by Top Soil »

The rivers - never would have thought of that. Genius!

Love your work, all you guys doing this.
howzz1854

Post by howzz1854 »

how do you load and dump the solid manure to the green houses. do you use a lizard and dump it to a manure truck? or do you use a feeder and *censored* up the manure. i am about to venture into the green house farming, as i have grew my cow population up to 250 now.
Nina

Post by Nina »

I just use a FEL. the greenhouse only holds 3k of stuff so it isnt hard and if you dump your dung back into the heap, it isnt like silage. it wont add back to your numbers. it will just act like yo udumped it on the ground and it will disapear.... so if you have extra and need to scoop something else... dump the extra anywhere you want.. preferably on a car that is driving by