Question about AMAZONE Cayena 6001

Morphe

Question about AMAZONE Cayena 6001

Post by Morphe »

Hello,

The description for the AMAZONE Cayena 6001 sower says that it fertilizers the crop while sowing. As this sounded cool, I bought this sower and tested it out. But the soil does not appear dark brown like after fertilizing, it just appears light brown like after normal sowing.

My question is - is the Cayena 6001 actually fertilizing the field or not? There doesn't seem to be any way to tell besides waiting for the crop to mature and then harvesting and seeing if the yield is less/more. I use the dark brown fertilized soil as an indicator that I already fertilized that field. With the Cayena 6001 not darkening the field, it is hard to tell if that field has been fertilized or not. (There is no way to check if a field is fertilized or not besides the dark brown soil, is there?)

Thanks,
Morphe
Morphe

Re: Question about AMAZONE Cayena 6001

Post by Morphe »

Welp, I just harvested the field that I tested the Cayena 6001 on, and the yield was only half of what I normally get from that field.
So I am going with - NO, the AMAZONE Cayena 6001 does not actually fertilize your field during sowing, despite the item description suggesting otherwise.
That's disappointing, but oh well. I don't see any appeal to the Cayena 6001 then, I guess it's benefit is the 6m width - but then I'd rather just get the HORSCHE 8m or 9m which only cost 20-30k more.
Top Soil

Post by Top Soil »

Question: Did you fill the implement with fertiliser before using it? Typically with sowers if you hire a worker the hired guy buys seed for you (roleplay - reality is that the seed level stays the same and you just get charged $) - I wonder if the same mechanic doesn't work for that implement.

I've also looked at this one and thought about having a play - but so far I've only gone with sowers that do cultivation as well (or don't need cultivation, in the case of the really big sower).
Morphe

Post by Morphe »

It only took seed. I tried filling with fert first, but wouldnt take. I did fill it with seed tho, and I hired a worker, tho I did part of the field myself, no dark soil either way. It's no prob tho, the spreaders are nice.

How do you know which of the sowers dont need cultivation beforehand? I was wondering about that myself. I have the 3m 3 point TD sower that cultivates, but I wondered if the bigger ones did too or if they needed it before even.
Top Soil

Post by Top Soil »

I just went by the descriptions. Not many say they don't need a cultivator, but the big one (150k price) says something like "designed for use in minimum tilling, drilling seed through stuff eliminating the need for cultivation".

Given that I have more cow poo than I know what to do with, I just go with that and then fertilise.
Morphe

Post by Morphe »

Ah, I looked into the subject some, and it appears the items with 'direct drilling' or 'tine drill' should be able to cultivate/sow without prior cultivation. I haven't tested them all so idk for sure, but I think those sowers should do it.
Dragun

Post by Dragun »

To answer the question about the fertilizer part of this sower NO it will not fertilize
the text is a copy/past from the official amazone website from a seeder like this one only a other more feature rich version.

Hope this answers it

Greetz Dragun
Greetz Dragun
The Netherlands.