Spraying Fields

Wingnut2012

Spraying Fields

Post by Wingnut2012 »

ok so are Giants gonna sort the problem with having to spray fields in only one direction. If I spray the field across the grain I get patchy misses galore. This is miffing me a bit should be able to spray a field by width or length.
Top Soil

Re: Spraying Fields

Post by Top Soil »

hasn't happened to me, although I admit to being a fairly linear thinker and always spray the long way to minimise turnaround times.

I have seen little missed spots from time to time - one field was littered with them. I chalked it up to lag. You also get more patches if you go faster and turn at all (as this speeds up the far end of the sprayer over the cruise control speed 2 maximum)
CornetPlayer

Post by CornetPlayer »

I fertilize "cross-grain" and get complete coverage. You may be going too fast. I use Speed 2.
RubberPIX

Post by RubberPIX »

This is a known problem and will be fixed with the next patch, but don't ask me when that'll happen because I don't know :(

Andy
Wingnut2012

Post by Wingnut2012 »

I Have been using speed 2 also and yes normally I like to spray lengthways but on a few fields it don't matterwhat speed you go at I get misses so have to spray width which takes longer as more turns are needed. But glad to hear its going to be fixed :biggrin2:
Rosenberg

Post by Rosenberg »

Cultivate the field, then hook up the smallest sprayer to the front of the tractor with the seeder. Start the sprayer and hire a worker. Problem solved! ;)
clw2147

Post by clw2147 »

Rosenberg wrote:Cultivate the field, then hook up the smallest sprayer to the front of the tractor with the seeder. Start the sprayer and hire a worker. Problem solved! ;)

i believe that this solution ends up increasing your costs. since the spray area is larger than your planting area you're wasting alot of fertilizer that you still have to pay for. i'd rather just buy the biggest sprayer then drive it on gear setting 1 or 4. also, i rarely have any missed spots at this speed.
Rosenberg

Post by Rosenberg »

I`m one of those who first of all like the buissness part of the game, so every tractor i don`t have to drive manualy is always my choise. The ekstra costs is almost nothing. And over a few days you will make up for it in time you use to do that manualy.
CornetPlayer

Post by CornetPlayer »

Courseplay may be the answer to your automated fertilizing needs.
Flatlusa

Post by Flatlusa »

Are we now talking actually across the grain or trying to compare north-south vs east-west? I have a weirdo issue where the same sprayer/tractor/speed combo works perfectly on fields 14/15/16 (east-west), but gives me plenty of unfertilized spots when doing 17/18/19 (north-south)