liquid manure / greenhouse manure

mrsnobber

liquid manure / greenhouse manure

Post by mrsnobber »

Hey.
Since the yield increse of fertilizing and spreading manure is the same amount. Liquid manure is useless beside the fact that is free?

Is there any way to transport the solid manure to the greenhouses. Like a tipper you can use? Fill with manure with loader and drop at greenhouse. (Mod?) Pain to go with frontloader when you have plenty of greenhouses.
Top Soil

Re: liquid manure / greenhouse manure

Post by Top Soil »

I'm on a break from the game after my 5k cow adventure - but am considering one last good go once I find a really interesting new map to play. As part of that, I'm considering finding the fertiliser price and raising it substantially to give some form of incentive to use liquid manure.

First game I was happy to do it just for the 'game content' - but yeah under current mechanics buying a slurry wagon is a terrible waste of money and time, compares to fertiliser sprayers.
isycz

Post by isycz »

We buy liquid and solid manure

I use a sprayer attached to my planter. It costs more than manually spraying and much more than slurry-spraying. Time is money. If I could save five times the cost by using slurry it still would not be worth it. There needs to be much more benefit (or necessity) for using slurry over chemical fertiliser.

Note - If any of you venture into the world of the unknown, beware that this mod does some things you might not expect :wink3:
newride

Post by newride »

i downloaded that mod but cant figure out how to use it. tried several time to sell manure there but wont give me the option to do it.

please help
isycz

Post by isycz »

The ramp at the front of the building does nothing. Reverse trailer onto the grid to the left of the building. It is a little awkward. Try a range of trailers - some will be easier than others.
newride

Post by newride »

so i cant use the liquid manure spreader or the manure spreader to haul there
isycz

Post by isycz »

newride wrote:so i cant use the liquid manure spreader or the manure spreader to haul there
I don't support the mod. Experiment with a range of trailers until you find something that works.
Bor Sponge

Post by Bor Sponge »

So how can using free liquid manure be less cost effective than using the fertiliser from the blue tanks?
Have I missed something here? Please explain as I'm looking at investing in some slurry equipment as my BGP is now under production.
Cheers
Top Soil

Post by Top Soil »

Because it takes forever to use, and the spray is cheap as.

For 1k worth of spray, you can cover several fields very very quickly, whereas the slurry you'll have to drive back and forth a few times to fill it up (not to mention the cost of the slurry wagons). In the time it takes to do all of that, some people will have already 120x speed grown fields to be ready to harvest again, which is worth heaps, especially compared to the 1k you save in fertilser costs.
Col.Neville

Post by Col.Neville »

there is a krassort container mod out there that you fill up with liquid manure and park it next to the field to fill your slurry tanker back up again to save on trips back and forth. i use that with the 40m trailer sprayer that i added liquidManure to the spray usage and fruittypes.

i have yet to find a trailer to xport liquid manure to that bldg. all of the liquid manure equipment will spray or is a portable filler for other equipment but not tip.

looks like from the code that the greenhouse boxes have the same sorta thing going on like the bga pit where you can only fill them with a shovel. i was hoping you could just convert a grain cart to use solid manure and fill the greenhouse boxes with one of those but no joy so far.
Bor Sponge

Post by Bor Sponge »

I'm with col nev, shuttle tankers or a static tank will reduce the journey time plus with a large injection/slurry tanker high output can be achieved.
But if you're talking about using free manure on all of your crops then yes I'd probably agree that spraying fertiliser is more efficient.
Yet, I have my farm split, cereal crops around and close to the farm and (presently) grass crop close to the BGP so using the free manure on those fields when I rotate to maise/sweetcorn/corn I see this working as a self paying section of the farm with a good value output...
Depends how you farm!
Bor Sponge

Post by Bor Sponge »

http://fs-uk.com/download/hosted/29392/ ... r_2013/exe
Now if some handy bloke got his hands on this and added another axel, larger tank, extra wide set of injectors and a 80,000 litre shuttle tank (that the volvo could tow its self) then we'd have a serious bit of kit for handling slurry. Also the shuttle could then be used to fill greenhouse bunkers or tip at the manure plant mod as it would already have a tip option for when it unloads into the volvos tank...
isycz

Post by isycz »

Strictly speaking, manure and slurry is not free because a herd of cows must be maintained (or BGA must be used). Straw must also be provided to produce manure. Also, the cost of manure spreaders and slurry tankers are many times the cost of simple sprayers.

Attach sprayer to front of tractor that is sowing. Worker will auto-fill the seeder and sprayer (unless instructed otherwise). There is no refilling and no need for an additional pass of a field to spray. This is an inefficient use of fertiliser but the time saved massively outweighs the small cost of fertiliser.

Courseplay adds another dimension to this but that's another subject entirely. :biggrin2:
Bor Sponge

Post by Bor Sponge »

actually all manure types are by products, as the main product of cows (for example in this game) is milk so the straw and hay is used in mind to help produce the milk... so strictly speaking it is free to a certain extent. same applies with liquid manure at the bgp, its a by product... there is no initial use for it so applying back to the fields is the logical way of getting rid of the so called waste, or selling it on at the energy plant.

agreed the sprayer on the front is time saving, but then if giants did want people want we'd have one machine to do everything!! defeating the object of managing a farm.

also its cheaper to run a slurry tanker, the larger model in game, than the trailed sprayer with front tank, any sprayer smaller is just false economy. though said slurry tanker is about twice as expensive to buy initially

but money earned from the bio gas plant when using grass out weighs any combinable crop or root crop simply because grass grows about twice as quick and at $800/tonne or litre doesnt fluctuate like wheat etc, gives you more liquid manure which can used to fertilize a maise crop to then use in the bgp, cutting out the cost of spray gives this type of liquid fertilizer real purpose and use.

so maybe using the free fertilzer is cost effective after all... :D
Bor Sponge

Post by Bor Sponge »

actually all manure types are by products, as the main product of cows (for example in this game) is milk so the straw and hay is used in mind to help produce the milk... so strictly speaking it is free to a certain extent. same applies with liquid manure at the bgp, its a by product... there is no initial use for it so applying back to the fields is the logical way of getting rid of the so called waste, or selling it on at the energy plant.

agreed the sprayer on the front is time saving, but then if giants did want people want we'd have one machine to do everything!! defeating the object of managing a farm.

also its cheaper to run a slurry tanker, the larger model in game, than the trailed sprayer with front tank, any sprayer smaller is just false economy. though said slurry tanker is about twice as expensive to buy initially

but money earned from the bio gas plant when using grass out weighs any combinable crop or root crop simply because grass grows about twice as quick and at $800/tonne or litre doesnt fluctuate like wheat etc, gives you more liquid manure which can used to fertilize a maise crop to then use in the bgp, cutting out the cost of spray gives this type of liquid fertilizer real purpose and use.

so maybe using the free fertilzer is cost effective after all... :D