The Next Farming Simulator.

Alagos

Re: The Next Farming Simulator.

Post by Alagos »

John Deere is the main problem, they got their own ' game', they wont give Giants the right to use their equipment, though im pretty sure Giants would love to add John Deere.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Buzz2112

Post by Buzz2112 »

Maintenance... Brakes, tires, hydraulics, the ability to build your farm also, start with a house, barn and some equipment and expand it from there, maybe buy a plot or two of land for expansion. Also the ability to change terrain In-game so if you want to put down a shed it doesn't have to have grass growing in it, because that just looks unprofessional :chinese:
I'll apologize now if I accidentally took someone's idea(s)...
You don't have to be a farmer to be outstanding in your field. But it helps.
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

Oh, and gearboxes! Currently, we do all our farm work and drive up to 45mph in first gear...
Buzz2112

Post by Buzz2112 »

Rickenbacker wrote:Oh, and gearboxes! Currently, we do all our farm work and drive up to 45mph in first gear...

http://www.farming-simulator-2013.com/f ... v-1-1.html

Unfortunately it appears that it doesn't work.
You don't have to be a farmer to be outstanding in your field. But it helps.
rollingfarm

Post by rollingfarm »

Buzz2112 wrote:
Rickenbacker wrote:Oh, and gearboxes! Currently, we do all our farm work and drive up to 45mph in first gear...

not sure if it the same author or mod as the one you used but try vesion 2 and it been tested in game

http://www.modhoster.com/mods/gauges-ge ... alistic--2
I have a disability called dyspraxia and minor dyslexia so if my spelling weird dont judge me. just ask nicely and i translate it
TBK

Post by TBK »

rollingfarm wrote:
Buzz2112 wrote:

not sure if it the same author or mod as the one you used but try vesion 2 and it been tested in game

http://www.modhoster.com/mods/gauges-ge ... alistic--2
I am also 100% certain that it is, since they both use the framework by Miko.

And the page you link to is actually version 1.2.
dan.r

Post by dan.r »

I think the livestock part of the game should be improved

1) bulls and rams should be added and cows getting in calf by them or not getting in calf.
2) also cows calving different days with assistance needed for some cows.
3) to be able to move around cows in a trailer to another field or a barn.
4) and any field you sow grass in you should be able to fence it and put cows in the field.
5) and to bed barns with straw or have hay rings in fields.
6) also to send cows away to market or sell and buy cows at an auction.
7) add more breeds to the game.
8 ) also for a machine or just a vet to test if the cows are in calf or not.
9) and grass get shorter when the cows eat it.

This altogether would be really good but this for sheep would be good as well.
Mythtaken

Post by Mythtaken »

I've been following this thread and have to say, there've been a lot on imaginative suggestions here. I thought I'd throw in my 2 pennies worth to the mix. Some of these could be addressed in a patch to the existing game.

1. Update the physics to give vehicles and objects real weight and mass. Try to pull a big trailer of grain with a small tractor and have it bog down to a crawl or give up completely. Which leads to...

2. Breakdowns. They happen all the time in farming. It would be nice to have equipment fail randomly and from pushing a tractor too hard or running too fast. Real combining is done at 2-4 mph; going faster could break something. There could be a popup that tells you what broke and how much it will cost to fix, perhaps with a discount for taking it to the dealer for repair.

3. Add the option to swath your fields and use a pickup header on the combine, instead of straight cutting. The extra step could result in xx% more harvest.

4. Cows: There could be a randomly generated formula for the triple mix, so you have to experiment to find the right mix to give you 100% milk production. The closer you get to the right mix, the higher the productivity.

5. Of course, drastically reduce the income from selling silage at the BGA. As it is now, it's hardly worth farming compared to selling silage.
If you sow your wild oats, hope for a crop failure.
s252101

Post by s252101 »

This game is outstanding and it could be out of this world. Here's my 2 cents. I used to play a game call John Deere American Farmer, and although that game pales in comparison to this one, there are a lot of things FS13 could learn/incorporate to make it better. Here's my 2 cents:

1. In JDAM (John Deere American Farmer), when you scrolled over an individual field it told you things like soil quality, fertilizer levels, moisture levels, etc. ALL of these things greatly affected how productive that field would be. This is so realistic. Some ground is just better than others. So, even if you have optimum moisture and have fertilized to the max, some fields will not produce as much per unit of area because the soil just isn't as good. Also, if you don't get any rain during your growing season and the moisture level drops, then your yeilds will suffer. It's like real farming! It would be a stuff shoot, just like in real life! In FS13, every field is identical and you ALWAYS get the EXACT same yields. To me, that is a huge detail that needs improved upon. JDAM also showed levels of pest infestations, indicating when you needed to spray pesticides. I don't think this would be really expensive or overly difficult to add to the game. It would add a whole additional level of realism to it. I guess I just want to brag to my buddies how many bushels/acre I got off of my best sections of land, and get really pi** when I get no rain and then hail destroys most of my crop for a growing season.

2. It drives me nuts that you can just drive through your crops and not damage them. I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but no real farmer would ever think about doing something like that. Vehicles/equipment need to leave tracks/damage/kill crops that they run over before harvest.

3. It also drives me crazy that you can pull any implement with any tractor (i know many have mentioned this before). Again, I don't think this would be hard to implement. Every implement that you buy could tell you what HP requirement it needed to be pulled. Again, a whole lot more realistic.

4. Damage, wear, breakdowns. This is such a huge part of farming. I think their should be penalties for abusing equipment (breakdowns, damage, etc.). If they had a placeable shop to take the equipment to and it required a certain amount of time/money to fix that would be great. It doesn't have to be a really specific description of what went wrong, just that something has broken and it will take x number of money and time to repair. It is maddening for this to happen in real life, but hey this is a simulation right?

5. Like many have said, flexibility with buildings as far as placement and upgrades. Again, JDAM seemed to do a pretty good job of this type of thing.

6. Soybeans as a standard crop. Behind corn and wheat, I've got to think that soybeans would be the next most farm produced crop there is. It really needs to be in the game if you ask me.

I don't see why these things couldn't be implemented to make this game SUPER realistic. It would be more challenging, more unpredictable, more frustrating, and more fun! I also don't see why some of these more detailed things couldn't be put in as options to select or deselect before you play the game. The vehicles and equipment are outstanding and getting better, let's hope they add that level of detail to some other aspects of the game.

Tell me what you think. Hopefully the guys/gals from Giants will consider.
tom_the_farmer
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by tom_the_farmer »

s252101 wrote:This game is outstanding and it could be out of this world. Here's my 2 cents. I used to play a game call John Deere American Farmer, and although that game pales in comparison to this one, there are a lot of things FS13 could learn/incorporate to make it better. Here's my 2 cents:

1. In JDAM (John Deere American Farmer), when you scrolled over an individual field it told you things like soil quality, fertilizer levels, moisture levels, etc. ALL of these things greatly affected how productive that field would be. This is so realistic. Some ground is just better than others. So, even if you have optimum moisture and have fertilized to the max, some fields will not produce as much per unit of area because the soil just isn't as good. Also, if you don't get any rain during your growing season and the moisture level drops, then your yeilds will suffer. It's like real farming! It would be a stuff shoot, just like in real life! In FS13, every field is identical and you ALWAYS get the EXACT same yields. To me, that is a huge detail that needs improved upon. JDAM also showed levels of pest infestations, indicating when you needed to spray pesticides. I don't think this would be really expensive or overly difficult to add to the game. It would add a whole additional level of realism to it. I guess I just want to brag to my buddies how many bushels/acre I got off of my best sections of land, and get really pi** when I get no rain and then hail destroys most of my crop for a growing season.

2. It drives me nuts that you can just drive through your crops and not damage them. I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but no real farmer would ever think about doing something like that. Vehicles/equipment need to leave tracks/damage/kill crops that they run over before harvest.

3. It also drives me crazy that you can pull any implement with any tractor (i know many have mentioned this before). Again, I don't think this would be hard to implement. Every implement that you buy could tell you what HP requirement it needed to be pulled. Again, a whole lot more realistic.

4. Damage, wear, breakdowns. This is such a huge part of farming. I think their should be penalties for abusing equipment (breakdowns, damage, etc.). If they had a placeable shop to take the equipment to and it required a certain amount of time/money to fix that would be great. It doesn't have to be a really specific description of what went wrong, just that something has broken and it will take x number of money and time to repair. It is maddening for this to happen in real life, but hey this is a simulation right?

5. Like many have said, flexibility with buildings as far as placement and upgrades. Again, JDAM seemed to do a pretty good job of this type of thing.

6. Soybeans as a standard crop. Behind corn and wheat, I've got to think that soybeans would be the next most farm produced crop there is. It really needs to be in the game if you ask me.

I don't see why these things couldn't be implemented to make this game SUPER realistic. It would be more challenging, more unpredictable, more frustrating, and more fun! I also don't see why some of these more detailed things couldn't be put in as options to select or deselect before you play the game. The vehicles and equipment are outstanding and getting better, let's hope they add that level of detail to some other aspects of the game.

Tell me what you think. Hopefully the guys/gals from Giants will consider.
And thanks to the modders you can have alot of what you are looking for.
seriouswork53

Post by seriouswork53 »

Well, I figured I'd add my two cents to this thread.

But before I do, thank you to Giants and those who have obviously noticed this thread, and made some of our ideas come to life. As a leader of a mod team myself (SMW Modding, my username on all other forums is seriousmods: I started those accounts after this one), I realize that there are often many more ideas than people with skills to put those ideas into practice, so it is nice to see good ideas become reality.

Anyways, on to my ideas. These are all for FS 2015 if there is a such thing, so these are really not mod ideas more than game improvements for a future version of Farming Simulator.

1. String Maps.

All of the maps for Farming Simulator up to this point are built off of a square platform, be that platform 1x, 2x, 4x, or 16x of the original Hagenstedt map size. The problem with that is, for mappers who want a more irregular map shape, their only choice is to not use a large swath of land around their maps while making the size of the square larger and larger.

My proposal is for a string map style of mapping platform, similar to the one used by some of the driving simulators and many train sims. The way it works is very simple: the map maker has a default block of a certain size that he can work with, and around these blocks, the mapper can add additional blocks.

So if for example, a mapper wanted to make a map 10 kms long and 1 km wide, he wouldn't need to make a square map of more than 10 kms on each side, and place his map in the middle of this. He could simply create a string of blocks that since they are connected, would function as one extended map.

Not only could this save a lot of space in map i3d files, but it could also open the door for new types of modded maps that are not possible at this moment.

2. Improved Camera Action.

The main activity I enjoy in Farming Simulator 2013 is not farming itself, but taking screenshots. In fact, as of today, I've likely taken over 3,000 screenshots, and posted about 700 or so for the modding world to see. My gallery on FS-UK is 25 pages long with 20 pictures per page, so on that site alone I've posted at least 500.

My point with this story is that screenshots are the main reason why I play FS. One of my greatest tools as a screenshot artist is camera mods, and as I have looked around various modding sites, I have downloaded a number of camera mods, including my latest version which turns the player in-game into a movable, zoomable camera.

For a future version of FS, it would be more than awesome to see some of these features in the default camera of the game, especially a free-roam camera mod.

I'd love to be able to simultaneously drive a vehicle and move the camera to get passing shots and so on that I can't currently get at this moment.

3. Pedestrians with collision

One issue I've noticed with the pedestrian splines is that the men and women seem to be able to walk through machines, AI cars, and so on. If pedestrians had collision and hitting them gave gamers some kind of fine or penalty, I think it would greatly improve realism in the game.

4. MR as Standard Physics Engine

With credit to dural, it would be a pleasure to see Giants Software use Dural's More Realistic mod as the default game engine. Not only would farming be more realistic, but everything related to the work done in FS would gain an extra level of realism.

5 through Last.

Improved Dust and other Particle Systems.

We've already seen how great the Titanium's fruit particle systems are. It would be nice for smoke particles and dust particles to also gain this realism. Personally, smoke that lingered a bit longer in the air like the real exhaust LUA would be a great improvement to the game.

In addition to heavier clouds of dust behind plows, cultivators, and seeders, some kind of washable feature for all standard game vehicles would be great as well if possible.

Closer Integration of Giants Editor and Blender.

For those of us who can't afford an expensive 3d modeling tool in addition to our game, it would be great to see Giants work more closely with Blender on FS 2015. One other game maker, SCS software, the maker of most currently produced truck simulators, is working on a Blender toolkit for modders, and it looks very promising for the gaming community as a whole. It might not be possible to get FS and Blender that closely partnered, but it would be a benefit to modders with limited income.

In addition, it would be really nice for Giants Editor to allow users to export the 3d models of mods with textures (the MTL file that goes along with an OBJ file), instead of having to remap the textures onto an edited mod.

Crisper Graphics.

It's probably impossible to make FS 2015 have the graphics of Euro Truck Simulator 2, but crisper graphics would be a definite plus, especially for those of us screenshot artists. I have to sharpen nearly every one of my pics to get a more realistic feel, and even that doesn't quite make the graphics completely crisp and clear.

Spline Map Objects.

As a final note, I think it would be a great time saver for mappers to be able to stretch splines of roads, bridges, power poles, and other objects across large maps. It is incredibly difficult to place small objects on say a 4x map with consistency and without growing exhausted. So a spline system for some map objects would enable mappers to place these objects in minutes instead of hours.

--------

I hope that some of these ideas will be useful to someone at some time and some point. Thanks again to Giants for making FS 2013, and here's to a successful release of another great game sometime in the future.

Regards

SRSMDS

And just for those of you who are curious about how many times I mentioned screenshots, here's one of my recent screens. FS 2013 is the best game around as far as I'm concerned. :)

gurneywars

Post by gurneywars »

Something I would like to see

1. Where you build your farm just like in the SIMS. You choose the farmhouse , the type of barns you want, size etc. You can demolish them for cash and build bigger later in game. You determine the color, siding, materials etc.

2. You choose when to expand your farm and buy the land adjacent to your farm making your farm bigger. You then use the build function either make it an expansion of your existing field or a separate new field for crops or build your new buildings on it.

3. More different types of crops with the machinery for harvesting them. (grapes, melons, peas, lima beans, carrots etc.)

4. More types of buildings(winery, distillery,bakery, cheese factory etc) i would like to own a dairy.

5. More animals (pigs, goats, etc)

6. You can build more storage silos anywhere. Instead of being locked to the one spot.

7. Make mines for on property minerals. Especially on edge of fields where there is rocky terrain.

8. More equipment from US makes and buildings also on US styles. I love the European look but I would like to combine them on one map.

Well thanks for listening to some wishes

I am not really that interested in an mmo, I prefer to play single player.
I would also be more willing to buy games that don't force me to go online to sites like Steam, origin etc.. Rather just play off my computer. Takes less load time each time I want to play and I know if the sites go out of business I still can play my games.
Vallant

Post by Vallant »

Would be nice to actually be able to run a more realistic dairy enterprise. I think the game should take on a more simulator type approach, or at least work it into the current style of the game.

A few points:
-Build up the farm from scratch, make money and expand with building and equipment. Or even have the option to invest in a new farm all together.
-Manage farm workers, pay them a salary and invest in training/skills.
-A lot more detail into animal husbandry, Diseases,Breeding,performance,day to day management,milk/meat contracts.
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

Dam if you do, Dam if you don't... The game is what it is so just play the drawn thing or go do something else. There is a lot of things that could make the game more real, But the guys that made it didn't think it was worth the time to put all that true to life stuff in it...Or it would be in it...You can cry all you want to about what should have been in the game, It still isn't going to change the fact that it isn't... I think it's a fun game to play and it keeps my mind occupied... And I have a good time trying to figure out how to do stuff like editing maps and mods.(I still have a lot to learn)..So like I said It is what it is, Maybe the next farming simulator will be more true to life? And god knows someone will complain about it....
tom_the_farmer
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by tom_the_farmer »

farmboy002 wrote:Dam if you do, Dam if you don't... The game is what it is so just play the drawn thing or go do something else. There is a lot of things that could make the game more real, But the guys that made it didn't think it was worth the time to put all that true to life stuff in it...Or it would be in it...You can cry all you want to about what should have been in the game, It still isn't going to change the fact that it isn't... I think it's a fun game to play and it keeps my mind occupied... And I have a good time trying to figure out how to do stuff like editing maps and mods.(I still have a lot to learn)..So like I said It is what it is, Maybe the next farming simulator will be more true to life? And god knows someone will complain about it....
and lets make it a 3rd time post soon..