The Next Farming Simulator.

RustyDagger

Re: The Next Farming Simulator.

Post by RustyDagger »

I think in the next farming sim they should really work on the MP experience as that is one of the main selling points of the game ( I THINK )

Farming Sim 2013 has one of the WORST Multiplayer setup's Iv ever seen It reminds me of the old hamarchi setups when trying to player age of empires.
Finding a suitable lag free game is next to impossible due to the lack of information about each server being displayed.

Here's My short Bucket List of things I would Do to the Multiplayer to make it better.

1. Ping Ping Ping !! where the Hell is it? Really knowing your ping between your client and the server is KEY in any game it Directly effects your Game Play experience And it should be showed in the server listing and be refreshed every time the list is to reduce bandwidth.

2. Country Flags For the Server location its really not that complex some Basic GeoIp Stuff and it can be done. this too would help in finding better games to join. Again Displayed in the server listing.

3. remove the hopeless server location selection of your only going to add 3 groups why even bother its just annoying 90% have to go in international any way....

4. Mods its Incredibly annoying when server hosts use mods that cant be found on official mod hosts some kind of indication that they are using non supported mods would be awesome ( This could also be sent to the server host as a warning when they start the game informing them some mods they are using are unable to be downloaded by others. ) This Mod Check Could easy be done on server start by scanning all the hash. to the website ( Could be come a problem or a CPU Hog in the long run.. maybe some kind of log and i no changes since last boot don't check again?

5. Longer server names Its incredibly hard to fit all relevant info in the current very short space.
tim tryvan

Post by tim tryvan »

I would like to see that you have to replace tyres or you would have no traction and keep your machines maintained or they will start to lose power and become hard to start.

I would also like to see a yearly cycle as in spring summer autumn and winter.

The last main thing I woulds like to see is you have to jumpstart old machines:).
Chetty

Post by Chetty »

Adding more seeds like different greenhouses that you have to actually interact with. Once they sell out you must replant the seeds and whatnot. Love to see carrots, soybeans, cabbage, rice, and different things of that nature. really looking forward to the next title. Can't wait.
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

I agree on most points, I'd like to see a much more open, sandbox type game, not the rigid, fixed world we have now.

- Build your own farm: Start with literally nothing but a few 100K, put down buildings, buy equipment, cut down trees that are in the way, plough fields and create your farm from scratch. (Agricultural Sim 2013 does this well, but that game is unfortunately an unplayably buggy mess right now.)

- Real maintenance: No more fake "maintenance fee", equipment gets worn the more you use it, and the chance of a breakdown goes up (this is of course a selectable setting in the options). If equipment breaks down, you either take it to the shop to have it fixed or call a technician to the spot, which is more expensive. Might be a good idea to get some tow chains or a tow truck for when your biggest tractor breaks down half a mile from the farm! The idea about having to replace tires periodically, or they get worse traction, is a good one, but the tires would have to last pretty long or it'd be really annoying.

- More stuff! I play this game to play with impressive machinery, and I want more of it.

- More fruits, more animal types and more variety overall. Plus put in maybe two or three different maps from the start, one is kinda cheap, don't you think?

- Better physics! FS2013 has good enough physics that I mostly believe it, but it could be improved slightly - no more flying tractors and flipping trailers!
Arkyle

Post by Arkyle »

Hi im a new player to this Farm Sim, and i was thinking into writting my own thought about what id like to see in the game, so i found this thread!

Here´s my contribution to this great list.

(although the zombie stuff.... sounds fun, as a minigame inside the main simulation game. like something to do at the night of halloween on the in-game calendar)

1- More Social Interaction with villagers.

Like talk lines, buying or selling from them, taking some of the "harvest moon" social stuff.

2- Like others have said already, Start from Low, then Grow to a huge farming mogul ( if you plan wise of course)

3- Manage a Farm!

Hire workers, and keep an eye over their performance, salaries and troubles they might cause.
Contract suppliers depending on price, buy storage systems in your farm to be able to get discounts when buying stuff in large quantities, like seeds, fertilizers, etc...

4- Day control. Add a function like a "go to sleep" wich makes ingame time to advance to next morning or the hour you mark in your wakeup clock.

5- Seasons and Weather!

Watch forecasts and choose wisely the moment of planting stuff, crops, put animals in the shed or let them out to the sun. there are crops that cannot be planted while raining, for example...

6- Crop Stats Control.

Keep an eye over every little aspect of each crop status, hire experts or buy equipment to get more stats. (this is useful for preventing problems, like too much water on the soil, or too dry, or different plagues that could affect the crop...)

7- like others have asked for, Vehicle Wear!

Vehicles that get old, need maintenance and difference of wearing if left outside or kept in a closed "parking". Of course, things that break if go around on rough terrain, and physics that make you loose your cargo if turning very fast or going down a cliff (like i do to get faster to a selling point, vertically down with the tractor and cargo xDD )
physbo

Post by physbo »

The only thing I would love to see is a hardcore mode. Where the map is nothing but maybe two towns on the edges of the map, a highway or main road running between them. You have to purchase a field to start your farm, build your silo, house and shed for your vehicles. Then buy another field to plant and what not. And buy fields to declare for animal usage such as cows or sheep. The chickens can be a plop-able coop with small fence and make it expandable as long as nothing is in the way. I would also like to see some terrain deformation. Nothing crazy, but beable to dig up, raise or smooth to place object or make roads. Nothing to crazy lol.
Bvanleeuwen

Post by Bvanleeuwen »

Some off the stuff put in here is really cool, what I always have missed it real tedding. I mean, that depending on the weather(sun, rain and temp) you need to go more ore less times with the tedder of it, and where it rains it gets back to stage 1, if it rains to long.

Also put here in the before, real vehicle damage.

Also gears, if option. And every mod shut be able to enter there own gears, and make a difference between CVT an Manuel, because Fendt Vario still have a work an drive gear.
mayoollie

Post by mayoollie »

Read this thread.

Sincerely hope giants don't listen to a lot of these 'suggestions'.

I would just like more and more varied equipment, better textures and the ability to buy and install more buildings/houses etc rather than a pre-designed layout, so you can expand the farm over time.
Ace of Spades? Star Trek Online? Chivalry? Farm Sim? Supreme Commander? Add me on Steam: modifiedgenes
Farmer@Heart

Post by Farmer@Heart »

Somethings that I would like to see are flax, rice, millet, and sorghum as a new cereal crop. It would be really cool if there was and in game corn picker besides the combines. I would also like to be able to harvest and bail clover and alfalfa for forage and silage purposes. Something that I would also like to really see are gravity boxes. It would also be really cool if you had to get out and manually open the unloading door just like in real life. Something that I think would add more difficulty to the game is different verities of crops. For example here in North Dakota we have hard red spring wheat and durum to name a few.
wizard4278

Post by wizard4278 »

mayoollie wrote:Read this thread.

Sincerely hope giants don't listen to a lot of these 'suggestions'.

I would just like more and more varied equipment, better textures and the ability to buy and install more buildings/houses etc rather than a pre-designed layout, so you can expand the farm over time.
Agreed!! Some of these suggestions are, shall we say, unapproachable?!
Larger equipment, to accompany the larger tractors and larger fields.
The ability to remove trees/fences/buildings without the Editor.
My biggest desire would be to be able to "sow" a road. Much like sowing grass.
~Wizard~
Professional Wise-Ass ~ Purveyor of Sarcastic Humor ~ Part-Time Alcoholic
~If you think I'm bad here, you should see me on Facebook~
JD2305-801

Post by JD2305-801 »

I would like a Farm Hand character. Someone that could follow predetermined loops like the course mod. With experience he/she could learn longer and longer custom loops. So you could hire them to "Tend Sheep" they would dump feed and load pallets on to the trailer. They also would be your avatar online. The online would have a Hiring board. You place your name and up to 3 pieces of equipment up. So if put up a harvester with a corn head you could hire you for that. You could negotiate the terms or have a ranking system biased on time and recommends. Orchards and vineyards would be nice. Last, crop quality if you prep,sow,fertilize,and harvest within the proper time windows you get a better price than putting a spreader on when you plant. Then probably have equipment bonus for higher quality that can due multiple functions.
wizard4278

Post by wizard4278 »

There is definitely a little too much thought going into a freaking pc game. Some of you people need to go outside and play. You're spending wayyy too much time behind a monitor. :gamer: :this: :lol: :lol:
Professional Wise-Ass ~ Purveyor of Sarcastic Humor ~ Part-Time Alcoholic
~If you think I'm bad here, you should see me on Facebook~
mrnascar

Post by mrnascar »

Tried going outside to play once... got all sweaty, and bruised my knee....
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

+1
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
sfy

Post by sfy »

i had a bee sting me, a squirrel swore at me, and i too bruised my knee.

and that was just leaving the front porch.