FS13 Dedicated server hardware requirements

rumes

FS13 Dedicated server hardware requirements

Post by rumes »

I currently testing a rented dedicated server, but I want to buy and run the game on my own hardware. So far I found no info whatsoever regarding the hardware requirements of the dedicated server.

What are the hardware requirements for running a dedicated server? Any guidelines regarding the hardware resources needed (CPU/RAM/bandwidth) for having 2/4/8 players online at the same time? What is the maximum number of players that can be simultaneous online on one server?
A fool and his money are soon parted
tom_the_farmer
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Re: FS13 Dedicated server hardware requirements

Post by tom_the_farmer »

just be aware that if YOU wanna run it, you need and extra farming simulator 2013 game to do so = 1 game for you playing + 1 for the server :confusednew: *thumbsdown*
rumes

Re: FS13 Dedicated server hardware requirements

Post by rumes »

Yeah, thank you, everybody points that out everywhere (and, with a bit of careful reading, one would notice that I do own a copy of the game and I want to buy a copy of the dedicated server http://www.farming-simulator.com/dlc-de ... hp?lang=en).
While I might not agree with that policy or the price tag, it is beyond the point of this topic.

So, are there any official hardware requirements? Or maybe someone ran the dedicated server on his own hardware and can share with us the system specs and the CPU/RAM load.
A fool and his money are soon parted