Edited map items apear white, any help!

Marv923

Edited map items apear white, any help!

Post by Marv923 »

I have edited a map and added some items and when i go to play the edited items are all white. Also have this problem with some edited machines.
Szabi

Re: Edited map items apear white, any help!

Post by Szabi »

Check the paths of the texturefiles in the i3d.
Marv923

Post by Marv923 »

How would i go about doing that, and what am i looking for?
Szabi

Post by Szabi »

This is basic computer using knowledge, if you don't know about it, you shouldn't messing with editing things.
reider

Post by reider »

If you made a sub folder in the maps folder, called maybe "newObjects" (without the quotes) then edited the map and imported the items from that folder before saving or exporting. Rebuilt the zip file and placed it back in the mods folder it would probably work. If you added them from the desktop then it would not find the files when played, because they would not be included in the zipped mod file.
Marv923

Post by Marv923 »

Ok thank you that helps
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

I to had this same problem. And you need to import from with in the map you are editing. I have a folder for stuff I like to put in my maps. I copy the item from this folder and then open the map I want to edit, then open the folder that say's map01 there you will find more folders like buildings,objects,etc. open the one that best suits the mod you want to add to the map. Like objects and then paste it. open the map in G.E. and then import that mod from the folder named objects.... hope this helps? :hi:
Marv923

Post by Marv923 »

Thanks that helps