Core city American Edit v 1.0

allen

Core city American Edit v 1.0

Post by allen »

i have downloaded this map but unsure how to upload it to use it. any help appreciated thanks

Allen
leifege640

Re: Core city American Edit v 1.0

Post by leifege640 »

By upload, do you mean install the mod?
PC player of FS19, FS17, FS15, and FS13
Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full.
Computer Specs in spoiler.
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 w/ 4GB of GDDR5 VRAM
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
How to post your log:viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
allen

Post by allen »

yes I have downloaded it but can't find it anywhere don't know if I'm missing something
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

I suppose you have already checked your mods folder, downloads folder, etc.

What you could try is go back to the site that you downloaded your map from, click the link to download it, when it gives you a window that says where you would like the downloaded file to go, don't download per say but just go to that place on your computer. If it isn't there, then I guess you should just re-download the map just paying attention as to where you send the file this time. I always just send everything to the downloads folder and go from there.

Hope this helps.

leifege640
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
allen

Post by allen »

I've deleted the file 2 times and downloaded it again each time but no avail it won't show up on my game, but as before its in my mod folder
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

Well at least it isn't something you missed while downloading it. On the next round of questions then:
Where did you download this map from? Do you have the latest official patch installed? Are you sure this map is for FS2013 and not for FS2011 or FS2009?

Let me know if you are still having problems.

leifege640
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
spotremix

Post by spotremix »

i have this map and it's the map i play 90% of the time. only i'm on version 1.2 i think. i downloaded it from modhoster.com. thats the only place i think you can get it from. at least i haven't seen it on the other sites i get mods from.

if you do get it to work or if someone else comes across this thread let me know if you could if you have any trouble with soybeans. i can plant them and they will grow. but when they are ready to be harvested the harvester will not harvest them. all other crops appear to work just fine.
DarrenK

Post by DarrenK »

That map is my edit, and as spotremix alluded to, Modhoster is the only official host, as that is the only place I've uploaded it to; if you've downloaded it from any other site, all bets are off. The latest version is 1.2, so you should be downloading that anyway. I've tested the uploaded file on Modhoster and it works fine, so if that still doesn't work, you likely have a mod conflict.

spotremix, regarding soybean harvesting, your combine and/or header is obviously not set up for that. There are plenty of threads available on various forums that cover what you'd need to do.
spotremix

Post by spotremix »

DarrenK wrote:That map is my edit, and as spotremix alluded to, Modhoster is the only official host, as that is the only place I've uploaded it to; if you've downloaded it from any other site, all bets are off. The latest version is 1.2, so you should be downloading that anyway. I've tested the uploaded file on Modhoster and it works fine, so if that still doesn't work, you likely have a mod conflict.

spotremix, regarding soybean harvesting, your combine and/or header is obviously not set up for that. There are plenty of threads available on various forums that cover what you'd need to do.
well i'm glad to have come across someone who has made a mod/map that i use. i've read your comments on modhoster about you not making anymore versions of this map due to the rating. well i want to say i love the map. it's my favorite map and i really do play it 90% of the time i play farming simulator. i'm a grain kind of guy. i don't do cattle at all.

i'll have to look into getting my combine to work with the soybeans. otherwise my only other problem is that i have yet to find the 50' x 100' lms shed. i've found 2 other lms sheds and i currently use the largest one.

also is there a way to change the starting point in the game when you load your saved game? i'm all set up at the largest farm but of course the game starts at the original farm. just curious really. not a big deal.

can't really think of any suggestions for edits. but i do hope you continue with this american edit.

oh i forgot to mention on the largest farm. is it me or are the doors not setup to open and close like the downloaded lms sheds?
DarrenK

Post by DarrenK »

I'm glad you like it. I am most active on the American Eagles Modding forum, which is where you'll find the 50 x 100' shed. Regarding the large shed at the largest farm, any placeable objects that have functions will lose them when placed via GIANTS Editor. I was originally wanting to use the placeable version to retain the functionality, but even after being placed and fine tuning the coordinates in the XML file, it would never sit at a 90-degree angle, so I settled on placing it in the editor. One thing I never tried was purchasing the field that farm sits on, as it might be conflicting with the placement. Sometimes placing things can be tricky. You could try deleting it in the editor and giving that a go.

To move the starting point, open the map in GIANTS Editor (unzip map first, assuming you've never worked with it) and click on careerStartPoint in the Scenegraph, then drag the selection handles thing (forgot what it's officially called) to where you want it. Re-zip. Feel free to send me a PM here, Modhoster, or AEM if you have any other questions.
travis333

Post by travis333 »

I just wish I could create my own map. Not just edit the one that comes with the game
Farmer Carol

Post by Farmer Carol »

travis333 wrote:I just wish I could create my own map. Not just edit the one that comes with the game
Ian is busy trying to teach me how to use the editor but it's going pretty slowly and with plenty of giggles and face palms!

Carol. x
Married to "Farmer Bob" aka Ian
mother, wife, sister, daughter, bank manager, farm manager, cleaner, chef, Councillor, PC technician and all round dogs-body!
dodgetruck2

Post by dodgetruck2 »

i hope you guys can help me, I am also trying to install this mod V1.2 downloaded from modhoster. I have the KernStadt zip archive in the mod folder but nothing, i also have tried copying the unzipped archive into the mod folder with no luck.

I unistalled all other mods but still nothing

thanks
spotremix

Post by spotremix »

i wish i could help but i'm at a loss for why it wouldn't be working. i don't think it's the mod though because just the other day i removed the mod to try another huge map that was lagging and i wanted to see if by removing core city american edit the other map didn't lag.

it didn't help so i ditched the new map and downloaded the most up to date core city which i believe is the v 1.2 you speak of and it works fine.

i just put it in my mod folder. i'm also running the most up to date FS as well.

oh travis333 at least you can edit something. i have no real knowledge of editing anything and the few times i've tried have been unsuccessful. i stick to mods and maps that can be dropped into the mod folder or install themselves. i need someone to be looking over my shoulder to learn how to do any edits. it's really all greek to me up to this point.
allen

Post by allen »

I have the core city map going, but I have saw the 1.2 upgrade on modhoster, does any one know if I download it will I lost what all I have played in the game? I sure hate to lose what I have in it so far, but I can't seem to find a sorghum planter as well any help allen