Farming Simulator 15 – E3 Teaser!

böserlöwe
GIANTS Software | Support Engineer

Re: Farming Simulator 15 – E3 Teaser!

Post by böserlöwe »

Steam has only Downlaoded Versions, and for the LS15 we have no DLC yet.
LS 15 will be come at Oct. 30 in 2014 only for PC and Mac.

For every questions about the STEAM Content, you have to ask STEAM.

Zusatzinhalte der Collector's Edition:

Buch »Landwirtschafts-Simulator Modding für Dummies «, Wiley Publishing (deutsch)
New Holland T8.390 Modelltraktor von SIKU
Landwirtschafts-Simulator-Schlüsselanhänger
Aufkleber
DVD Modding Video Tutorials
DVD-Box
A2-Poster (Karten und Cover illustriert)
GIANTS Engine SDK
spookyplanet

Post by spookyplanet »

Hi

Will this work with the dedicated software I purchased for FS13 or will we have to buy another dedicated software also will we have to buy another retail of FS15 to go with the dedicated software?

Regards
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

Dedicated server should be included in FS15.
Asterix909

Post by Asterix909 »

Am I safe to assume I will get a Steam key with my Giants' website preorder?
I bought 15 here as soon as I saw the e3 teaser video. Even though I could get it cheaper now on Steam with the preorder discount, I don't mind having paid more through Giants as long as I get a steam key.
bassaddict

Post by bassaddict »

Giants ain't Steam, so no, yo don't get a Steam key when buying from Giants directly.
Asterix909

Post by Asterix909 »

bassaddict wrote:Giants ain't Steam, so no, yo don't get a Steam key when buying from Giants directly.
Many games sold directly from the developer/publisher are steam versions (or otherwise activate-able on steam) so I do not think my assumption was far fetched. Thank you for the information, I have already contacted support to see about a return and or transfer so I can get the Steam version.

EDIT:
Wow, quick reply form Giants' support. The Giants website pre-order key actually will work with Steam, so my assumption was ultimately correct! *thumbsup*
bassaddict

Post by bassaddict »

OK, that seems new. As far as I remember that doesn't work with FS13.
FarmerAG

Post by FarmerAG »

There should be a discount for FS 15 if you have purchased previous FS games.
bassaddict

Post by bassaddict »

Wouldn't work. Because that would require digital-only buying directly from Giants. And that would mean no Collectors Edition, no disc version, no Steam version, no download versions from somewhere else... So pretty much killing all distribution channels. And in business, killing your distribution like that would come equal to killing yourself.
shorty83210

Post by shorty83210 »

I still want to know if this will be coming out only on pc or other consoles too?
bassaddict

Post by bassaddict »

shorty83210 wrote:I still want to know if this will be coming out only on pc or other consoles too?
Obviously you haven't seen the Gamescom trailer. Because if you would, you would know the answer to your question. And if you dig a little deeper (publisher homepage *hint*) you may find even more information.
Asterix909

Post by Asterix909 »

bassaddict wrote:
shorty83210 wrote:I still want to know if this will be coming out only on pc or other consoles too?
Obviously you haven't seen the Gamescom trailer. Because if you would, you would know the answer to your question. And if you dig a little deeper (publisher homepage *hint*) you may find even more information.
It will be available for ps4, ps3, xbox one, xbox 360, PC, and MAC. Not sure why Bassaddict didn't answer the question when he took the time to respond, but I got ya covered.
bassaddict wrote:Wouldn't work. Because that would require digital-only buying directly from Giants. And that would mean no Collectors Edition, no disc version, no Steam version, no download versions from somewhere else... So pretty much killing all distribution channels. And in business, killing your distribution like that would come equal to killing yourself.
That is not really true at all... many companies do it.
Why must they not offer a collector's edition just because they offer a discount through one venue? They are currently selling at 10% off on Steam but full price directly from Giants. This defies your logic. So for example they could offer a discount through Steam if you have FS13 in your game list; alternatively they could offer a discount through their own website if you purchased from it before. There is absolutely no reason that it 'wouldn't work'.
bassaddict

Post by bassaddict »

Asterix909 wrote:Not sure why Bassaddict didn't answer the question when he took the time to respond, but I got ya covered.
"Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man how to fish and feed him for a lifetime."

I guess that one expains my answer pretty good.
Asterix909

Post by Asterix909 »

Fair enough, but it is not kind to assume people have easy access to high speed connections and/or are not running on limited bandwidth. Heck, YouTube may be blocked for some people if they are attempting to access the information from work (or school). Considering the game doesn't have a product page I believe it is fairly difficult to gain clear information and a designated thread for the product on a forum should be seen as a good resource. I am not trying to be confrontational, just helpful:-)
bassaddict

Post by bassaddict »

Asterix909 wrote:Considering the game doesn't have a product page
I better not ask how you missed the FS homepage. It's even linked in the game, you go directly to the Modhub (which is part of the FS homepage) when clicking on the "Mods" button.
http://farming-simulator.com/

Just noticed, the ballpark release date is even mentioned on the homepage.