Game will not load on Mac

D.Acker

Game will not load on Mac

Post by D.Acker »

Hello,

I just installed FS13 on my Mac mini (all requirements met from what I can tell) but the game will not load. When I try to open it via the Steam client or desktop shortcut, a box with my activation code comes up and gives me the option to copy it I click play and a black box comes up, then goes away and nothing happens after that. The one time I did get a chance to enter my activation code it told me it wasn't valid? I've been playing FS13 and 15 on X-box but wanted to try to computer version to have the access to mods and more equipment. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have uninstalled\reinstalled\rebooted.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Intel Iris:

Chipset Model: Intel Iris
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
don_apple

Re: Game will not load on Mac

Post by don_apple »

Hello and merry christmas!

How did you buy the game? Via Steam, as a direct download from Giants, or on DVD?

If you boght it via Steam you should not have to enter a avtivation code as far as I know.

If you boght the game via some other method you should have received the activation code either via mail or printed in the box with the DVD.

If you received the activation code please verify that you have entered it correctly (for example check that you haven't typed the letter 'O' instead of the number '0').
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
D.Acker

Re: Game will not load on Mac

Post by D.Acker »

I purchased as a download via Steam. I copy/pasted the activation code to ensure it would be correct. I loaded it on my Windows machine and it works perfectly there (after attempting on the Mac), and didn't need the activation code either. Maybe the file corrupted during the download to the Mac or something, who knows!