Can I transfer my copy of FS '13 from the MAS to Steam (or Origin)

mstrodl

Can I transfer my copy of FS '13 from the MAS to Steam (or Origin)

Post by mstrodl »

I have a copy of FS '13 that I bought from the Mac App Store that I bought because it looked interesting and I didn't know it was on Steam and Origin. Now that I know it's on Steam and Origin, I'd like to get a copy on Steam or Origin (I can provide proof of purchase). Would this be possible?
don_apple

Re: Can I transfer my copy of FS '13 from the MAS to Steam (or Origin)

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

As far as I know transfering a purchase from the Mac App Store to Steam or Origin (or vice versa) is not possible. If you want to get the game on Steam or Origin you'll have to buy it there again.

BTW. Origin might not be the best choice: viewtopic.php?f=834&t=91676&p=701852#p701576
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
mstrodl

Post by mstrodl »

Subject: Can I transfer my copy of FS '13 from the MAS to Steam (or Origin)
don_apple wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum!

As far as I know transfering a purchase from the Mac App Store to Steam or Origin (or vice versa) is not possible. If you want to get the game on Steam or Origin you'll have to buy it there again.

BTW. Origin might not be the best choice: viewtopic.php?f=834&t=91676&p=701852#p701576

Ok, thanks. I've emailed support about it and they say that they need an "activation key". Any ideas on where I could find that?
Der_Tod

Post by Der_Tod »

For the AppStore versions are no activation keys provided. The identification and licenses are managed by your Apple-ID. I assume, Giants support can't help you here. As don_apple said, it isn't - as far as I know - possible, to transfer games from AppStore to Steam or Origin.
In my opinion direct download from Giants is the best choice. The last patch of FS 2013 isn't even in the AppStore.

Regards
Der_Tod
Wenn der Tod kommt, ist Sense.
mstrodl

Post by mstrodl »

Der_Tod wrote:For the AppStore versions are no activation keys provided. The identification and licenses are managed by your Apple-ID. I assume, Giants support can't help you here. As don_apple said, it isn't - as far as I know - possible, to transfer games from AppStore to Steam or Origin.
In my opinion direct download from Giants is the best choice. The last patch of FS 2013 isn't even in the AppStore.

Regards
Der_Tod
So then can I download the Windows version from GIANTS for free? I have the receipt and everything. I found my AHD_#####.dat file. Is there any way to get the key from that??
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

The Mac AppStore Version is not verified by a GIANTS key. The Mac AppStore version is verified by the Apple Id and the mechanisms provided by Apple to verify your license.
Unfortunately, there is no way to transfer your license from the Mac AppStore to any other provider.