New Stuff for the next farming simulator

sfy

Re: New Stuff for the next farming simulator

Post by sfy »

they have to walk a fine line between trying to make it as realistic as possible, and making it overly complicated and requiring too much micro managing for the average person. the addition of more crops has been asked for since before the 2013 version was ever announced. all we can really say, is give it time and wait to see what they announce when the time is right to announce 2015
wizard4278

Post by wizard4278 »

sfy wrote:they have to walk a fine line between trying to make it as realistic as possible, and making it overly complicated and requiring too much micro managing for the average person. the addition of more crops has been asked for since before the 2013 version was ever announced. all we can really say, is give it time and wait to see what they announce when the time is right to announce 2015
Exactly. Some people already complain that their rig isn't powerful enough to run the game on the higher settings.
If they start bowing to demands to add this or improve that, the boards will be filled with more "What computer do you recommend?" threads.
If you want more realistic, here's an idea, Go Outside! It's how I spent my childhood, and I turned out ok.

~Wizard~
Professional Wise-Ass ~ Purveyor of Sarcastic Humor ~ Part-Time Alcoholic
~If you think I'm bad here, you should see me on Facebook~
sfy

Post by sfy »

wizard4278 wrote: here's an idea, Go Outside! It's how I spent my childhood, and I turned out ok.

~Wizard~

ummm :hmm:

nah, think i'll leave this one alone

8)
Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

sfy wrote:
wizard4278 wrote: here's an idea, Go Outside! It's how I spent my childhood, and I turned out ok.

~Wizard~

ummm :hmm:

nah, think i'll leave this one alone

8)
Good idea sfy, "The" Wizard is nice today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Kevarny

Post by Kevarny »

I think any up grade should get rid of some of the inefficient farming practices like having to go back over your planted field and broadcast fertilizer the most inefficient method ever invented. Every seed drill that I have seen has always had a fertilizer hopper as well as a seed hopper so both could be delivered at the time of sowing.
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

You should realize that this is something that real farmers will do if they don't have the fertilizer boxes on their drills or planters. I know this because the guy I worked for in the Central Valley California had to hire a custom spreader to fertilize a triticale field that we planted. Besides, there is probably less room for error if you apply the fertilizer after the seeds have sprouted (as inefficient as you might think). I have heard that nitrogen too close to the seed will just burn the root tips of the seedlings.

And there are mod seed drills with the fertilizer boxes.
PC player of FS19, FS17, FS15, and FS13
Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full.
Computer Specs in spoiler.
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 w/ 4GB of GDDR5 VRAM
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
How to post your log:viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

Thinking about my reply last night, Kevarny, I am guessing from your other posts about spiral harvesting that you maybe from Australia (if I am wrong please correct me). It would make sense to be fertilizing while you are seeding because most of the fields over there are probably at least 100 acres (whatever it converts out to where ever you are at) in the smallest cases. Farming Simulator is based off of European agriculture where the fields probably don't too much bigger than 100 acres in the rarest cases. If I were a real farmer in Australia or any other place like eastern Washington, and I had a 2000 acre dry land wheat farm, I wouldn't want to go back out after the crop has sprouted and try to fertilize. It would just take too long.

I didn't want to sound too harsh on you. I am just giving you my opinion.

leifege640
PC player of FS19, FS17, FS15, and FS13
Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full.
Computer Specs in spoiler.
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 w/ 4GB of GDDR5 VRAM
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
How to post your log:viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
Sarxis

Post by Sarxis »

I really hope there is also some kind of mod importer for the next iteration. I'd hate to see it be difficult to import all of the mods created for 2013.
c2blue

Post by c2blue »

My Ideas:

Fruit Types: Cotton
Vehicles: More Case Ih stuff
Other: Where u can get stuck & b able 2 pull out with another tractor/vehicle,
I also liked the idea up their^ the in-game mod makin/editing

i have others also
Bob Cronley

Post by Bob Cronley »

When you sell something, a small box should appear telling you what you sold, how much, and how much money you made.
Bor Sponge

Post by Bor Sponge »

a real tractor

i cant wait to see what a cock up of the steering wheel they are bound to make.

if the current dlc' s are to go buy then we'll get a racing wheel with shiny metal pedals.

i know the picture of the blue wheel is only concept but ergonomically its ****, those buttons n hydraulic switches need to be to the side and surrounding the main gear lever. i told them that too lol.

in the survey they posted i told them to go and sit in and have a play(use the buttons and controls) with tractors, telescopics and harvesters to get a feel for a control pannel of modern day machinery.

yawn :lol: :lol:
Hawke67

Post by Hawke67 »

In my opinion whats really needed is some form of a money sink. Lets face it, once you have bought all equippment and all the fields you want/need there is absolutely nothing to do and to keep you playing. It would be nice to have more goals in the game.

How about if one could build a bigger more luxusious house? Maybe even transform a former field to a garden to build the house on? The house could be some kind of modular design, that would let you keep adding on it as you get more money. That way the game doesnt have to end right when it should become interesting.

This in combination with some of the other suggestions in this thread, for example the crop rotation idea would really bring new life to fs2013.
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

Something I would like to see them add that probably wouldnt take much to put in, although I dont have a clue how these computer games work, or for that matter even how a computer works :biggrin2: , is adding in equipmtent getting old, and costing more to keep running smoothly. That way you would have no choice but to have to buy new equipment every so often, or atleast have to make the decision on whether its worth it to keeping using the old equiptment, or getting new.

Thats one of my house rules, is every so often I trade in for new equipmtent, even if it its the same thing.That way I always have cost even after my farm has grown to where its hard not to make a hug chunk of money with every harvest. I also have some other house rules as well, along with always playing on hard, but I think there are some simple things they could add to give it more replay value to possibly the casual fan of the game that gets bored easily. I have farmed my whole life so I dont really ever get bored cause I have house rules that I play by to make th egame harder, and keep it interesting at the same time.

Also maybe add in weather such as droughts, and with droughts comes issues with bugs, as does having to much rain have it draw backs, although I much prefer to have to much rain that not enough :lol:

I think there are a lot of things they can add to this game in the future, that could keep even the most casual fan of the game, comne back for more, along with drawing in new customers. What they should consider doing is getting some of us real life farmers, to help them make the game more realistic. I think they have done a descent job with the game to get even non farmers interested in the game, but there is so much more they could add in way of making it much more of a challenge and a gamble like farming is IRL.
brigail

Post by brigail »

leifege640 wrote:I think I agree with Wizard. Someone might have only played for a couple of hours and thinks "This is boring. I think that it can be much better.", and start going off into wonderland. But give people too many options, and may have just turned them away from what you are trying to sell.

Biytor: I think Giants tends to expand slowly. Maybe they will just improve the graphics here and there, and the rest will just be total surprise. And if you want a farming game where you won't have to deal with someones "half-assed" work, maybe you should try the Agricultural Simulator series.

leifege640
Read what you just told this person, if you don't like it go buy someone else's product. There is your problem, if this company wants to stay in business they need to make products people will buy or they will go else where and there goes the company. Look at all the great selling games out there and you will see it is like life that people make things that others want to buy. :hmm: