Disappointed

AshleyTheNeko

Disappointed

Post by AshleyTheNeko »

I love Farming Simulator 2013 so I thought I would give this one a try, and I am really not happy at all.

Right off the bat, the starting harvester harvests rows that are much wider than the actual cutting width. You can do 9 meters across at once if you position it right. The difficulty selection is bugged, always putting you on beginner no matter which difficulty you select. The 10 km achievement is bugged, being awarded after you drive barely two rows. These are all bugs, and I'm sure they're going to be fixed. These are not my biggest problem with the game.

The vehicle selection is pathetically tiny, and almost half of them are locked behind IAP pay walls. There are only two tractors, with two more being locked. There are only two combines with the best one being locked. There's only two cultivators, and only a single seeder, with the far better one being locked. There's only a single fertilizer for each fertilizer type. Only one mower with the second one being locked, only one tedder with the second one being locked, and only one windrower with the second one being locked. There are only three tippers, with another one locked. The worst of it all, is there is only a single loading wagon, and guess what, it's locked, completely locking you out from using the biogas plant without spending more money. I don't mind IAP, but this is disgusting. Do not buy this game. The pathetic amount of content is not worth the price.
albodo

Re: Disappointed

Post by albodo »

I agree where is the tutorial? the manual is terrible, it doesn't even tell you how to start really... How do I sell milk? I can't work out anything other than how to harvest that first field
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

Do you expect for 3$ the same extent as the full game on PC?

Except for grass loading, you get all features of the game without paying anything extra. The BGA is also fully usable with the Krone BigX and a normal trailer.

There is currently a patch submitted to Apple with will fix, amongst others, these issues:
-The 10km achievement has been fixed
-The visual working wide of the small harvester is now adjusted
-Fixed display of difficulty (The difficulty was correctly handled for what it is supposed to change, the only issue was that the value shown in the settings was wrong)

A trailer with milk is spawned at the cow zone as soon as some milk has been produced. You can tip this trailer at the accepting stations the same way as any other trailer.
We have updated the manual already with some extra explanations. If you check the manual as of now, you can see these changes.
AshleyTheNeko

Post by AshleyTheNeko »

No, for $3, I don't expect a hundred different vehicles, and all the other features that come with the full game. I still expect a complete experience though. I would be perfectly fine with the game were all of the best equipment not locked behind greedy paywalls. I would be perfectly fine with extra IAP equipment if there was a more reasonable selection of "free" equipment, but there is not. For $3, I expect a full experience, but I feel like I paid for a demo, and to experience the game to its fullest, I'm forced to spend another $10. I can buy an entire game for a $1, so I don't see how its right to expect us to pay that for a single piece of equipment.
reider

Post by reider »

Think I'll give it a miss. Was tempted, not any more......
Bor Sponge

Post by Bor Sponge »

I can't agree more with neko!
FS12 was and still is a better game for the mobile. Ok it still had the IAPs but the choice of equipment is vast compared this money grabbing shabby out put.
Why not make the £4 with all the extras included??!
People would still buy it and probably more people would buy because you get the whole package.
I find the user interface too crowed and the there's no time scale.
Just look at the comparison to FS12, poor.

All in all I think this is just a money grabber riding on the success of fs13 and the titanium add on.

Save your money.
fejf

Post by fejf »

I'm also against IAPs. To show Giants that I didn't like the IAPs I didn't buy the casual edition in hope that there will be a Gold Edition which inclusdes all the IAPs (e.g. for around €5). They never released the Gold Edition and I never bought FS12...
One lucky thing was that Amazon gave away the Casual Edition of FS for free some weeks ago...

So to sum it up: Giants please either give the basic game away for free and bet on makeing money on IAPs or sell a complete game for a reseaonable amount of money without IAPs because I'll never buy games which cost money _and_ want to sell addon-stuff with IAPs.
There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and the rest and
those who understand gray-code.
KevinMn

Post by KevinMn »

Normally I am against IAP as well, but I do think they implemented it nicely. For instance, if you play Clash of Clash you can buy a currency (don't remember the name), and if you've played for 2 days, the currency you get for $5 is only enough to upgrade 1 building!! That's insane! Here you're unlocking something you'll always have access to.

With that said, I would've liked to pay maybe double, and avoid a locked experience. That way everyone could get the complete game, and since I don't believe everybody uses IAP, I think Giants would make more money that way.