Sale prices?

KevinMn

Sale prices?

Post by KevinMn »

Is it just me, that don't understand the prices, or are they bugged? :hmm:
I was about to sell some Canola, a had a trailer full, the one with 18,000. The second before I sold I checked the price, 27xx it was, and the second after I sold everything, the prices change? First off, are they supposed to change after each sale? And the price dropped to 21xx, but if I calculate how much I earned, I can see I sold for 23xx. I didn't have any workers, so nothing was spending money in between. How can that be? It's quite annoying, since it makes it hard to know how much I actually get, and where it's best to sell.

Hope to hear from you :)
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Re: Sale prices?

Post by Stegei »

The prices drop as you sell the goods, based on a simple supply and demand rule. Each station has a different demand, so the prices will change differently. E.g. the port has a very high demand, so the prices drop only very slowly. The longer you don't deliver something to a station, the higher the price gets (up to an upper limit).
KevinMn

Post by KevinMn »

Well that makes sense :-) however, why am I not selling to the price listed, or does it change as I'm selling?
Gotrader

Post by Gotrader »

The prices change for all stations each hour on the hour. If you have a lot of grain/beets/potatoes stored, and the sale for high demand begins, sell all you are going to sell in one hour. The price will drop at the beginning of the next hour after you sell. It will slowly rise over time until the next sale. I just sold potatoes for 1807 per unit, and the next hour after my sales, the price dropped to $603 per unit. So watch your time. The sales are usuall for 12 to 24 hours, and the price doesn't change much during this time, until you sell your products. I wait until I have all I am going to sell ready, then line it up at the drop point until the hour clicks to the next hour. Then I unload as many loads as possible.
jv7

Post by jv7 »

Another trick is to reset whatever you use to deliver the goods. As soon as your done unloading, reset them and they are automatically put back to your storage silos.