multiplayer

jbeard

multiplayer

Post by jbeard »

Does multiplayer function? Trying to create a game to play between my android phone and friend's iphone. Game runs in single player on both phone fine, but multiplayer games don't show up. Is it possible to play across the different operating systems?
KevinMn

Re: multiplayer

Post by KevinMn »

I've been wondering the same thing, would be nice to get an answer :-)
Many other games do support cross platform multiplayer, so I do hope this does as well.

And to any mods reading, do you have plans for online multiplayer, and are you going to add more vehicles and implements along the way? :-)
M.A.R.C.
GIANTS Software | Lead Artist

Post by M.A.R.C. »

As of the latest update for iOS you can now play Multiplayer between iOS and Android on Wifi. Make sure both devices are on the same WiFi network and you should be ready to go :gamer:

Yes we will keep improving this game and add more stuff to it. Online Multiplayer is less likely though, since the whole server handling and chatting is way too cumbersome on mobiles :hmm: We'll see
jbeard

Post by jbeard »

Terrific! We just checked and grabbed the new update on the iOS device and it works. Thanks for the help.
ssmaupin

Post by ssmaupin »

I have FS14 on my son's Kindle Fire and on my Motorola Xoom tablet. When the Fire tries to connect to the game created on the Xoom tablet it kicks him out of FS14 while connecting to host and takes the device back to the screen FS14 app was launched from. If I try to connect to the Fire tablet's created game from the Xoom tablet the Fire tablet has an error of timeout while sending savegame. I have tried connecting to the Fire and vice versa from my Samsung Galaxy S4 with the same results. I do not have any problems connecting between the Galaxy S4 and Xoom which are running Android 4.3 and 4.1.2 respectively. There are also problems when trying to connect a Motorola Droid 3 running Android 2.3.4 to any of the devices Fire, Xoom, or Galaxy S4. I'm wondering if it may be an Android OS issue. All devices run Single player mode without problems. Just curious if anyone else is experiencing Multiplayer connection issues.
Jaymeh

Post by Jaymeh »

I have just bought it on my iPad air and my girlfriends nexus 7 (2012 model). I was also under the impression that multiplayer would also work between devices. Couldn't see each device through the Bluetooth settings but when the nexus 7 tried to connect on my iPad I also get the timeout while sending savegame error.

When I try to connect to the nexus 7 through the iPad the app just crashes and returns me to my home screen. Is anyone else also having this issue?

Thanks
Jaymeh
Pasaohotnikov1

Post by Pasaohotnikov1 »

hello someday flight update on fs18 that it would be possible to play online at melting