straw output not scaled to equipment

wadeeb

straw output not scaled to equipment

Post by wadeeb »

Hi,

I noticed that the straw output per field is based on the number of lines the harvester leaves on the ground. I.e. if you use the small harvester it leaves more lines so you get more straw bales. The big harvesters leave less lines so you get less straw bales.

Because of this the Fahr gives you the most straw per field. This is annoying because when you scale up to the big harvesters you dramitically lose straw output

Will this be resolved ?
Ford 7000

Re: straw output not scaled to equipment

Post by Ford 7000 »

Hello,

There are a few things to consider with straw output per field.

Has the field been fertilized to improve the yield.This will not only effect the amount of grain produced but the amount of straw produced as well?

I think you will find the scaling is correct. The smaller Fahr combine is cuting far less in one pass than the big combines,so that you get more lines of straw. The bigger combines are cuting more in one pass so the width between the rows is greater so less rows of straw.

As the crop intake on the bigger combines is far greater than the smaller one the volume of straw in the rows is greater,although less rows are produced it is the same amount of straw produced over the entire field,as with the small combine.It just looks as though there is more straw produced from the smaller combine.The volume of crop going through the smaller combine is less,so more rows of straw are produced.

As I said at the start the amount of straw produced depends on whether the field has been fertilized or not.So it dosen't matter which combine is used to cut the crop.The straw yield is the same.

I hope you find this helpful.

Happy farming Mark.
Gazer75

Post by Gazer75 »

Actually wadeeb is correct in this. Straw output seem to be constant. Might be affected by fertilizer.
Its also bugged. By running the harvester over already harvested areas you'll get more straw.
wadeeb

Post by wadeeb »

The Fields are fertilized every time. It is consistent that when you use the Case Axial flow you only get about 5 bales per field.