Large purchased upgrades get stuck

farmageddon

Large purchased upgrades get stuck

Post by farmageddon »

The limited turning zones around the fields make using large implements frustrating. I thought buying the bigger items would make me more efficient, but that's not the case. I wouldn't buy the upgrades if i could do over. I find myself most efficient with fast tractors and small implements because i don't have to get them unstuck. Its too bad because i paid up to be faster.
The two larger fertilizers are bad offenders which is unfortunate because I could fill those from free resources.
The largest planter is really bad to hire out.
Solutions:
Increase field buffers
configure fields to be auto-driven with endrow style

Other suggestions:
Plow grass fields to seedable
hire transport roundtrip to silo
hire transport to harvester
larger plant silo capacity (what to do with all those grass felds?????)
more maps

Cool game. Really like the gameplay.
jv7

Re: Large purchased upgrades get stuck

Post by jv7 »

I do a couple of passes one way, then turn 90 degrees and go the other. That way they turn before they get to the end of the field.
farmageddon

Post by farmageddon »

Thanks for the reply. My hired workers seem to ignore this workaround. If I make a pass one way, then start from the other way they still go to the end.
I wanted to fleet out a perpetual harvest but I can't because of this design flaw. I paid for the upgrades but they can't be used very effectively. I think the spreader problem is the worst because it's more trouble than its worth. Producing slurry and manure is pointless because the spreaders can't turn.
Drinfo

Post by Drinfo »

Hi, I agree that some of the equipment needs to have a number of fields modified. Ther are even places where the smallest hits a fence, shed (junk), or cliff. I also agree that the red liquid spreader is too small. FS 2012 for iPad came with a Garant unit that holds 18,500 liters, that's 10,000 more than the red unit. The 2012 unit also has a smaller turning radius. The large red liquid unit takes more room to turn than almost any other unit. Also, the baler and the chopped grass wagon do not follow the windrows and if you don't window you leave more grass in the field. They both leave 6-10% on the headlands no matter how you do it. Both machines can be purchased with with wings to increase their pickup capability.