Baleing Windrowed Grass bug?

Navan

Baleing Windrowed Grass bug?

Post by Navan »

I have the Amazon underground version and enjoy the game.

I wonder if this might be related to the straw bug (haven't checked that on this app) but I decided to run the baler for hay with a worker without using the windrower and found that i produced far more hay from the grass field next to the farm. I'd need to run again to see just how much more, but if i use the cheaper windrower i end up with 19-20 bales. I only tried this as the workers were acting like the field hadn't had a windrow when using the baler, so i decided to skip that step and gained 5+ bales easily (think choose to 30 total). This is including going baleing manual and cleaning up spots workers missed after baling.

Also seems the baler is the only piece of equipment that the workers never can finish the field 100% with as they don't maneuver it well and end up missing small patches even on a windrowed field. Given what's left is rarely more then a few % of a bale it's nothing majo, just mildly irritating if you are OCD about a completely clear field.

Just to add another voice, people already requested more space on fields workers. The large equipment(sometimes even the small when ran in the wrong direction or corner) is too large for many fields and hired workers just end up stuck on fences, rocks, etc. Be nice if at least one direction on each field was conductive to a hired worker using the biggest baddest implements (even if it's overkill for that field).
hasab

Re: Baleing Windrowed Grass bug?

Post by hasab »

I don't use windrower, because without it I can collect much more hay with the baler.
After mowing the grass you can us the tedder or just wait a while and the mowed grass will be dry and ready to bale. Sometimes you don't even need to tedder the grass, you can use the baler right after the mowing.
rsteichen

Re: Baleing Windrowed Grass bug?

Post by rsteichen »

I noticed that too. First of all, the workers cant follow windrows, so making them just wastes time and fuel. Now I didn't run a test on yields using windrowed hay, but there is clearly a problem with straw. Using the small combine that takes small widths, you get lots of straw. Using a larger combine that creates less windrows because it is harvesting a greater width, you get very little straw.

Also, there is no reason to Tedder. You can just collect or bail the hay right away and it works fine.....shouldn't, but it does. It will change colors if you Tedder, but thats it...they hay quality is the same regardless.