Is it possible to change difficulty on a saved game??

Cippy Sip

Is it possible to change difficulty on a saved game??

Post by Cippy Sip »

Just wondering as I started as a beginner now wanting to change the difficulty for more fun cause it's my first farming simulator ever. But now I get it, want to increase difficulty for more fun, please help!!!

I have the kindle fire version?
Navan

Re: Is it possible to change difficulty on a saved game??

Post by Navan »

From what I've seen, no. To my knowledge the difficulty only changes what you start with in terms of money and what's in storage. As i recall my silos were empty and the cash signifcantly lower when i hit hard one time. Basically you're probably going to be running the starting equipment and fields manually for a bit before you can afford to upgrade or get additional fields.

Adendum: leaving what i put originally. Reinstalled FS14 and checked it out, starting cash is still the same, but as mentioned silos are empty. Further it appears prices start around 1k lower, but no idea if they max out less or not. Fertilizer, fuel, seed and helper all cost the same. Missions might be different though, less time perhaps or less reward, but i can't say.
Der_Tod

Post by Der_Tod »

Welcome to the forum. You can change the careerSavegame.xml of your savegame with a text editing program like NotePad++. Look for difficulty="[number between 0 and 2]" and set it to "0" for easy, "1" for normal or "2" for hard.

EDIT: Sorry, I overlooked you are not on PC. My fault.

Regards
Der_Tod
Wenn der Tod kommt, ist Sense.
Cippy Sip

Post by Cippy Sip »

I have the fire kindle version thanks for helping though guys I just started a fresh game on expert I felt I was cheating with the silos filled to the brim for me on easy now I like the game more on expert.

I have two more questions. How long does it take crops to wither away? It seems they die quick maybe cause I'm on expert? How long exactly?

Also what is the point of making bales of hay and take more time to get the hay to the cows when the cows still produce milk through just giving them grass?? It seems like hay is a time waster / money waster if the guys are cool with just grass? Am I missing something??
Navan

Post by Navan »

On crop withering, not sure, it's possible it does though, i didn't play FS14 long enough to get a feel for how long it takes.

Not missing anything on the hay honestly. The only thing to note is that grass maxes out then won't accept anymore, while extra hay bales get sold. Use the bales as a buffer since they only use the bales when the clippings run out ( each bale gives 2k clippings). As such fill the barn with grass clippings and bales at least once, after that try to maintain the grass and only bale a field if the bales run low. Same works with straw.

Note, unless 14 was patched between when i last played it and now, do NOT windrow clippings, or you will loose clippings versus gathering the field without. In truth it applies to harvesters too, the bigger harvester headers will give less straw, so if you want to maximize straw output on one field you'll need to use the smallest harvester. Again this might have been patched by now, so you might want to test both out if you have a chance.
Cippy Sip

Post by Cippy Sip »

@Navan

The game seems to have been updated cause with using the windrowers I make the same amount of drops after windrowing the ground with the smaller sized loader I previously owned I haven't noticed anything wrong with the harvester as well but maybe I can test that later I sold the crappy small harvester you get when you start out.

Thanks for the tips though.

Another question for anyone who knows. What is the difference between seed, slurry, and manure? Do you get the same amount of growth out of all of these the same or is there a difference in growth for these?
Navan

Post by Navan »

Ah good to hear that's been fixed then!

All fertilizer do the same yield (1.5x iirc) and application just needs to be done at some point after harvesting the last crop and before the current crop matures. Slurry and Manure are just cheaper alternatives to the standard fertilizer, but require additional work to produce by collecting straw or selling grass/straw to the biogas plant.
Cippy Sip

Post by Cippy Sip »

@ Navan

Thanks for that, it's really hard to find things online about this game since there's so many versions. So what made you put this game down? I love it a lot, I haven't played a farming game that is so extensive and I have the baby version of the bigger games like on the PC or Xbox 360 or above. Can't wait to try the bigger games. Right now playing this too see if it will last in terms of fun-ness before expanding. I've already put 9 or so hours into it according to my stats.

Anyone know how many vehicles and what nots there are in this game? Like how many harvesters or whatever total? I feel there could be more unless it's not being revealed to me yet?
Navan

Post by Navan »

Only because i liked FS 14 so much when it was put in Underground that i decided to get FS 16 and just haven't felt like playing 14 as a result. 16 adds quite a bit of new features. Not quite the full blown to my knowledge, but it brings sheep, logging and improved worker handling. Also my PC won't do the full blown justice and I only just recently aquired an Xbox One but i can't seem to find enough time to justify buying the full blown game at this time.