log.txt richtig posten / How to post the log.txt

Der_Tod

log.txt richtig posten / How to post the log.txt

Post by Der_Tod »

Deutsche Version (English version can be found below):

Die log.txt ist im Allgemeinen hier zu finden (bitte "<version>" durch die Versionsnummer des Spiels ersetzen, z. B. für Landwirtschaft Simulator 2015 dann entsprechend 15):

Windows
Windows XP:

Code: Select all

Eigene Dateien\My Games\FarmingSimulator20<version>
Windows Vista / Windows 7/8/10:

<Benutzername>\Dokumente\My Games\Farmingsimulator20<version>

Mac
Mac OS X (DVD/Direktdownload/Steam):

/Users/<Benutzername>/Library/Application Support/FarmingSimulator20<version>
Mac OS X (AppStore):

/Users/<Benutzername>/Library/Containers/com.giants-software.fs<version>/Data/Library/Application Support/FarmingSimulator20<version>>
(Hinweis: Auf Mac OS X ist der "Library" Ordner im eigenen Benutzerverzeichnis normalerweise versteckt. Auf http://www.maclife.de/tipps-tricks/mac- ... r-anzeigen findet man eine Anleitung wie man den Ordner sichtbar machen kann)

Nun habt ihr 2 Möglichkeiten die log.txt ins Forum zu bekommen:
a) Ihr kopiert den Inhalt der Datei und fügt ihn in einen Beitrag ein.
b) Ihr ladet die Datei im Forum hoch und hängt sie an einen Beitrag an

Falls der Inhalt der log.txt Datei zu groß ist für einen einzelnen Beitrag kann man sie auch über mehrere Beiträge verteilen. Zusätzlich kann man noch überprüfen ob es am Ende der log.txt Datei viele gleiche Zeilen gibt dies sich immer wieder wiederholen. In dem Fall kann man diese Zeilen zum größten Teil löschen bis die log.txt eine Größe erreicht um sie im Forum zu posten.

The log.txt can usually be found at one of the following paths (please replace "<version>" with the version of your game, for example for Farming Simulator 2015 it should be 15):

Windows
Windows XP:

My Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator20<version>
Windows Vista / Windows 7/8/10:

<your username>\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator20<version>

Mac
Mac OS X (DVD/direct download/Steam):

/Users/<your username>/Library/Application Support/FarmingSimulator20<version>
Mac OS X (AppStore):

/Users/<your username>/Library/Containers/com.giants-software.fs<version>/Data/Library/Application Support/FarmingSimulator20<version>
(Note: on Mac OS X the 'Library' folder in your home folder is hidden by default. Please have a look at http://www.macworld.com/article/2057221 ... ricks.html for instructions on how to make it visible)

There are two possibilities how to post the file:
a) You simply copy the content of the log.txt, paste it into the posting and use the "spoiler" function to hide the text.
b) You upload the file with the “attach” function.

If the file is to large to put it into a single post then you can also split it up over multiple posts. In addition, you can also check if there are many identical lines that are repeating over and over at the end of the log.txt. If that is the case you can delete most of them until the file reaches a size sot that you can post it on the forum.
Last edited by don_apple on Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.