Planting straight rows of saplings

gw1500se

Planting straight rows of saplings

Post by gw1500se »

Am I the only one that has this problem? I have a large area where I plant rows of saplings. The problem is that it is virtually impossible to see the planted saplings when trying to plant an adjacent row. The result is either overlapping rows or huge gaps between rows and crooked rows since it is impossible to gauge the distance from the previous row. Has someone developed a ridge marker mod that will help with saplings? The seeders that have ridge markers are useless and unnecessary but where a ridge marker would be really helpful, there is none. TIA.
juf.de

Re: Planting straight rows of saplings

Post by juf.de »

If you play on PC, you could try the GPS-Mod, with that you will beaple to do as you wish.
And if I'm correct, you should be able to let the AI helper do that for you on a already existing field.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

The way I do it is... I get the smallest plow and make 3 or 4 lines and then plant my tree's. After I have all my tree's planted I get the smallest planter and plant grass over the lines I plowed up. You have to do this before the first growth state of the tree's or the planter won't drive through the tree's. And I end up with 3 or 4 lines of tree's that are spaced just right with grass growing around them... *thumbsup* :hi:
gopbernie

Post by gopbernie »

farmboy002 wrote:The way I do it is... I get the smallest plow and make 3 or 4 lines and then plant my tree's. After I have all my tree's planted I get the smallest planter and plant grass over the lines I plowed up. You have to do this before the first growth state of the tree's or the planter won't drive through the tree's. And I end up with 3 or 4 lines of tree's that are spaced just right with grass growing around them... *thumbsup* :hi:
Yep. Same method. Grind out the stumps when done cutting down mature trees and re-plant in the same rows.
-PC Win 10