How to get farming simulator on mac when you have disc for windows

Clevprof

How to get farming simulator on mac when you have disc for windows

Post by Clevprof »

Hello
I have a farming simulator 2015 disk but on the back it says OS: Windows Vista/Windows 7 / Windows 8. I had a windows PC but now i have a mac. I am wondering whether I can install it on my mac - some websites say i can some not.
If not is there a way i can.
I don't really want to pay again and don't want to partition my hard drive to half run windows.
My Mac has all the other specs like 2.5GHZ intel i5 when i need a minimum of intel 2GHZ, 8 GB RAM, HD Graphics, Lots of hard disk space, a plug in 2x Drive and Internet Connection. My only concern is the OS
Thanks In Advance
Clevprof
JohnDeere318

Re: How to get farming simulator on mac when you have disc for windows

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Sadly no, it is not possible because OS X uses a .dmg file, whereas Windows uses an executable file (a.k.a. ".exe"). You will have to buy FS15 again sadly.

Maybe you could try some of these options: https://www.google.com/#q=.exe+to+.dmg+conversion
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

If the disc came with a product key you should be able to use that to download the game from Giants website in the correct format.
If you don't have a product key, try emailing Giants directly and explain, they should be able to help.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Clevprof

Post by Clevprof »

JohnDeere318 wrote:Sadly no, it is not possible because OS X uses a .dmg file, whereas Windows uses an executable file (a.k.a. ".exe"). You will have to buy FS15 again sadly.

Maybe you could try some of these options: https://www.google.com/#q=.exe+to+.dmg+conversion
Thank you, will try this
Clevprof

Post by Clevprof »

Hairy Bob wrote:If the disc came with a product key you should be able to use that to download the game from Giants website in the correct format.
If you don't have a product key, try emailing Giants directly and explain, they should be able to help.
Can you give me a link to where I can download it as I do have a product key.
Thank you
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Hairy Bob wrote:If the disc came with a product key you should be able to use that to download the game from Giants website in the correct format.
Sorry, but this will not work. The keys for the DVD version and the Download version are different, therefore it is not possible to use the key from the DVD version to download the game from the Giants eShop.

@Clevprof: you either would have to instal Windows on your Mac via Bootcamp or you need to buy the Mac version of the game to be able to ply it again.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Clevprof

Post by Clevprof »

don_apple wrote:
Sorry, but this will not work. The keys for the DVD version and the Download version are different, therefore it is not possible to use the key from the DVD version to download the game from the Giants eShop.

@Clevprof: you either would have to instal Windows on your Mac via Bootcamp or you need to buy the Mac version of the game to be able to ply it again.
That's a shame, is there anything that Giants could do if I contacted them?
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Clevprof wrote: That's a shame, is there anything that Giants could do if I contacted them?
Sorry, since I don't work for Giants I can't tell. Only way to find out would be to contact them directly: http://www.farming-simulator.com/contac ... country=us#
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules