Struggling with Logitech G920 Wheel

oakchip

Struggling with Logitech G920 Wheel

Post by oakchip »

Recently I purchased a Logitech G920 Steering Wheel to use on my PC. I have both FS15 and FS17. I tried FS15 first and it was a disaster! I used the Emutopia software, which seemed to work fine for the pedals and wheels. Only to discover, when I started the game (FS15), my mouse and Saitek side panel no longer worked! Not only that, but the game did not recognise them. The key re-mapping page only listed the keyboard and game pad. So, no control of front loaders, wheel loaders, etc.
I had to resort to System Restore to get control back. I then tried simply plugging in the wheel and using the Logitech Game software. Logitech software recognised I had FS15 installed, and provided a 'profile' for the game. But the pedal and wheels don't work in the game! I can assign things like the D-pad and buttons to the game using the Logitech software (it simply emulates keyboard strokes); but nothing I do will make the pedal and wheels work!
One You Tube video I watched suggested using the Emutopia software, but then having to edit the emulator file in the game to get any joystick to work. Is it really that difficult? Or am I missing something simple?

Any help, ideas, or suggestions would be appreciated. I run an PC with Windows 7 professional 64 bit, AMD FX 8 core processor, 3.60Ghz; 16Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 video card. The C drive is an SSD, and FS15 (and all other games) are on a separate SSD drive. My games are all Steam editions. My keyboard is a Logitch G910 Orion, my mouse is a Logitech G602 gaming mouse.
oakchip

Re: Struggling with Logitech G920 Wheel

Post by oakchip »

I should also add that I am using a Logitech Gamepad - F710, and have 'Overwolf' running in the game.