Tree, side stumps

akym

Tree, side stumps

Post by akym »

Hi.
I'm about to cut some trees which blocking one of my field but I wonder..
Can you somehow remove those 'side stumps' left after cutting big branches?
This is what I mean ->

I tried to use stump grinder but it made my tree totally disappear :P
So, is there any way how to make tree flat without those 'outgrowths'? Chainsaw won't cut it either. :hmm:
oakchip

Re: Tree, side stumps

Post by oakchip »

No, sorry, there is no way on these type of trees. Fir trees can be "trimmed" with a chainsaw, but deciduous trees (i.e. - all other trees) cannot. If you are trying to feed the trunk into a shredding machine, the best you can do is to cut it into about 2 metre lengths. Stumps and all!
akym

Post by akym »

oakchip wrote:No, sorry, there is no way on these type of trees. Fir trees can be "trimmed" with a chainsaw, but deciduous trees (i.e. - all other trees) cannot. If you are trying to feed the trunk into a shredding machine, the best you can do is to cut it into about 2 metre lengths. Stumps and all!
Ye, that's what I thought, that it won't be possible, thx a lot for info. *thumbsup*
oakchip

Post by oakchip »

There is available a mod for changing entire trees (!) of any sort into woodchips. It is called "The Beast" and is the size of an articulated lorry. I cannot remember which site I got mine from, but search the mod sites and you will soon find it. If you want to produce a lot of woodchips - it is the business!!
Guil

Post by Guil »

oakchip wrote:There is available a mod for changing entire trees (!) of any sort into woodchips. It is called "The Beast" and is the size of an articulated lorry. I cannot remember which site I got mine from, but search the mod sites and you will soon find it. If you want to produce a lot of woodchips - it is the business!!
Have a look for the bruks chipper. You don't even have to cut down the tree.