side panel keybindings

Sarge

side panel keybindings

Post by Sarge »

Has anyone conquered the new side panel so that it works with other controllers?

I use a logitech F310 gamepad which works really well with my FS15 and 17. I just got my side panel today and when I hooked it up nothing works except the side panel. I'm guessing I can go in and remap all the keybindings so that I can drive and steer with my gamepad and use the side panel for all the implements. Preferably loaders and crane controls.

If anyone is already doing that, I would be very appreciative to have them share the file that contains all the setups. Sorry I forgot the name of the file but when I see it I'll remember.

Thanks in advance for anything helpful at all.
Al Nixon
When God calls the only correct answer is "Yes Lord"!

Platform PC, Hardware-Dell XPS desktop
oakchip

Re: side panel keybindings

Post by oakchip »

Hi - and sorry to hear you are having problems. First, go into "options" and check that the choice of Keyboard or Gamepad is selected to 'Gamepad'. Second, check with the listed keybindings that some actions (like change vehicle) are controlled by the 'D-Pad'. If this fails you can do a few other things. I assume that as you have been using your Logitech gamepad OK and you have downloaded and are using the Logitech drivers? Or are you using the generic Microsoft drivers? Might be worth downloading and installing the Logitech drivers if you haven't already done this. Don't install their gameplay software, unless you have any of their G-series controllers/mice/keyboards. Finally, as a last resort, you can go into the keybindings page in FS15 and at the bottom of the page select "Reset to Default". The game will check you really want to do this as odd things may happen afterwards. Particularly as some keyboard controls for mods installed may no longer work. Also, it interferes with how the side panel controls work. You may have to do some re-mapping of commands afterward! Hope this helps.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

worth a try for such an expensive add on.
Al Nixon

oakchip

Post by oakchip »

Also - check the small slider switch under the gamepad is set to "x" and not "d", If the D-Pad and thumbstick don't work as they should, try pressing the 'mode' button.
oakchip

Post by oakchip »

Another thought occured to me - and I have been caught out by this mistake myself. ALL controllers must be plugged into your computer BEFORE you start the game. The game will not recognise any controller plugged in after it has started. This means before you click on the desktop icon. Hope you get the problem sorted!
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

ok thanks again. Does anyone know the default mapping that it comes with? I don't mind remapping but not the things I don't have to. Many of the buttons may very well be something I can live with but I have not clue what they do. Some won't do anything unless you are in the vehicle they are programmed for yes? I have searched for a manual but either none exists or I don't know where to look.
Al Nixon

oakchip

Post by oakchip »

Sarge, I have such a list. I put it together when I first used the side panel. It is incomplete (not much on the steering wheel controls). The format is Microsoft Excel File, but I can send in PDF format if that is easier?