Stupid

OrcaAmity

Stupid

Post by OrcaAmity »

This is stupid. What's with this game offering us jobs at the beginning when it requires vehicles and other things we haven't got yet and when we can't possibly buy them yet with not enough money? In Farming Simulator 17, the farmers provide the stuff we need. In number 15 we have to buy it ourselves. I just got offered a job moving a pallet with stuff on. I needed a new tractor with a forklift on the front. Where's the money coming from to buy all that? Every time I load the game I'm always offered the same job that I can't do yet. That job needs to be offered much later in the game. Why can't we be offered simple jobs such as ones where we harvest somebody's crops or plough their field seeing that we have the stuff to do those?
Hairy Bob

Re: Stupid

Post by Hairy Bob »

So you're saying that the game from 2017 seems to be better thought out than the one from 2 years previous?
Almost as if Giants learnt something from making, patching and receiving feedback on fs15?
Sorry, I'm at a loss to explain how that could be the case.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Hairy Bob wrote:So you're saying that the game from 2017 seems to be better thought out than the one from 2 years previous?
Almost as if Giants learnt something from making, patching and receiving feedback on fs15?
Sorry, I'm at a loss to explain how that could be the case.
At least with number 17 the farmers provide is with what we need to do the jobs. In number 15 we have to buy it ourselves. How when we start off with not enough. One job I keep getting offered is one where I have to move a pallet. The tractor I need costs $125,000 and the fork probably costs about $1,000. Where's the money going to come from to do that job? Leasing is not worth it either if it's going to cost me about $20,000 for the sake of doing a job that will make me $5,000. Then I'd be $15,000 worst off instead of better off. The point is to make money not throw it away. It's all very well anyone planning on saying find a job that requires things we have but those jobs never appear. I only get offered jobs that require stuff I don't have and stuff that I can't afford yet. What am I supposed to do, take out a massive bank loan? That's a great start isn't it? Getting way into debt before I get started. The 2017 version is better. As I said, the farmers provide us with what we need so we can do the jobs and make money.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

There are a few ways to go about it in FS 15. You can sell some or all of your starter equipment if you want to do missions right away or you can seed, harvest and sell crops with the starter equipment to get the money needed for the mission equipment. I actually prefer the mission system in 15 compared to 17. The new mission system is unrealistic and turns it into an arcade game if you ask me. No farmer is going to pay you stupid amounts of money just to use their equipment. In 15 it was more how custom farming would work, once you save enough for the equipment you then can do custom jobs to help *** the farm and pay for even more equipment and the equipment you buy for the missions can be used on your own farm. There was also grain selling missions where you could sell your own grain to meet certain contracts, which to me is much more realistic. I did a few missions when 17 first came out but now I am completely over it and find it to be boring and a complete waste of my time. I would rather be working on my own farm and buying equipment that I could use on it rather than being an overpaid farm hand while nothing is being done on my farm. So to me the FS 13 and 15 mission system is far from stupid.....this is a sim game and the way it was is realistic, now the way it is in 17 is far from realistic and all it does is allow you to play with some more expensive toys early in the game. Once you use those toys a few times it is very boring and way too easy.
PS4
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

canadafarms wrote:There are a few ways to go about it in FS 15. You can sell some or all of your starter equipment if you want to do missions right away or you can seed, harvest and sell crops with the starter equipment to get the money needed for the mission equipment. I actually prefer the mission system in 15 compared to 17. The new mission system is unrealistic and turns it into an arcade game if you ask me. No farmer is going to pay you stupid amounts of money just to use their equipment. In 15 it was more how custom farming would work, once you save enough for the equipment you then can do custom jobs to help *** the farm and pay for even more equipment and the equipment you buy for the missions can be used on your own farm. There was also grain selling missions where you could sell your own grain to meet certain contracts, which to me is much more realistic. I did a few missions when 17 first came out but now I am completely over it and find it to be boring and a complete waste of my time. I would rather be working on my own farm and buying equipment that I could use on it rather than being an overpaid farm hand while nothing is being done on my farm. So to me the FS 13 and 15 mission system is far from stupid.....this is a sim game and the way it was is realistic, now the way it is in 17 is far from realistic and all it does is allow you to play with some more expensive toys early in the game. Once you use those toys a few times it is very boring and way too easy.
I see what you mean and I thought it's silly the farmers in 17 are paying us a ton of money to do their job each when the money they pay us is more than what they make on their crops and I wonder how they never go bankrupt. The thing I'm wondering, where's my seeds to plant more. Also I have hay left on the ground from my wheat harvest and I can't afford a baler yet so how do I remove the hay? Unless I can plough through it.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

OrcaAmity wrote:
I see what you mean and I thought it's silly the farmers in 17 are paying us a ton of money to do their job each when the money they pay us is more than what they make on their crops and I wonder how they never go bankrupt. The thing I'm wondering, where's my seeds to plant more. Also I have hay left on the ground from my wheat harvest and I can't afford a baler yet so how do I remove the hay? Unless I can plough through it.
Ok, so in 15 there should be a place on the farm in your yard where there are some pallets sitting. Those are your seed, you can just pull up beside them with the seeder and a command will come up to fill seeder. Same with the fertilizer there will be a fertilizer tank somewhere in the yard where you can fill. Then on the map there will be other places you can fill as well, in WBH I think it was called the garden centre and on Sosnovka it was at the greenhouse I think, I might be wrong it's been a while but there will be symbols on the map that show you where to get it. Keep in mind seed and fert is not free, you will be charged money when filling or you can not bother filling and your worker will buy it automatically but it will cost more. The straw from the combine can be cultivated or ploughed or even if you have the seeder that doesn't require cultivating first it will work it under for you. When you first start combining a field..... I forget the buttons but you should be able to change from leaving a straw swath behind to chopping the straw. Also keep in mind that once you have a forage harvester, in 15 you can pick up the straw and chop it into chaff and make silage out of it. You can no longer do this in 17 but in 15 it was a good way to make money off the straw. My recommendation to you is if you are trying to find a fast way of making money in 15 is to get into making and selling silage at the BGA as quick as possible, it's probably the fastest way to make money in FS 15.
PS4
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

I found the seeds and stuff. Since my other message I look out a loan and bought a Baler and made six bale out of it with some hay leftover in the bailer that isn't enough for another bale.

Does the weather change in 15? In 17 it never changes apart from the odd fog and I only had fog once. Apart from that it's always clear skies and never any rain. As I'm in 15 I prefer the layout of the map and the golden sky looks better that I don't remember seeing in 17.

Thanks for the information.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

No problem :smileynew: yeah the weather in 15 is pretty much the same as 17, it does rain but not very often. In 17 I think I have only seen it rain once or twice so far.
PS4
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Do we already have a fertiliser because I can't find mine anywhere? I've found the fertiliser itself but not the trailer kind. Obviously if I have one I haven't moved it. I'm wondering if you can remember where you found yours. Thanks.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Oh you mean the fertilizer spreader? I don't think you start with one you have to buy it. To get started I just buy the cheapest one, you can always get a better one later when you have more money. Also in 15 the seeders don't put fertilizer on like most of them do in 17 so a fertilizer spreader is one of the first things I buy because fertilizer doubles the yield on your crops.
PS4
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

canadafarms wrote:Oh you mean the fertilizer spreader? I don't think you start with one you have to buy it. To get started I just buy the cheapest one, you can always get a better one later when you have more money. Also in 15 the seeders don't put fertilizer on like most of them do in 17 so a fertilizer spreader is one of the first things I buy because fertilizer doubles the yield on your crops.
I bought the small and cheapest one.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

canadafarms wrote:Oh you mean the fertilizer spreader? I don't think you start with one you have to buy it. To get started I just buy the cheapest one, you can always get a better one later when you have more money. Also in 15 the seeders don't put fertilizer on like most of them do in 17 so a fertilizer spreader is one of the first things I buy because fertilizer doubles the yield on your crops.
I noticed my money is dropping as fast as a taxi meter goes up. Do you know why this is. I'm not using hired helps but I do have a loan outstanding. Is this interest from the loan. I did check the loan details for today and it says zero interest for today. If this is to do with the loan, why are they taking my money if the day I'm on is supposed to be interest free?
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

What operation are you doing when you notice the money dropping?
PS4
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

canadafarms wrote:What operation are you doing when you notice the money dropping?
I was baling and then my money was still dropping when I was driving my tractor with my trailer when I was filling my trailer with wheat from my silo to sell my wheat to make money to pay off as much of the loan as I could.

Something else. Under Storage - Prices, earlier today as a different day in my game, it said my wheat would make $58,000. How come I only got about $40,000 for it when I sold it all? Does the price drop and raise on different days where a product is needed more some days and not so much the next where my wage on each product varies a day.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Ok what time speed are you playing on?

As far as commodity prices they do fluctuate and in 15 this was hourly so if you dump grain at 3:58 the prices change at 4:00 and on the hour. When you sell grain at a certain spot the price will drop too so if you have a good price you want to get as much in before the hour is up. In 17 the price changes as soon as you finish dumping but in 15 it gives you an hour at that price. Also keep an eye out for great demands, in 15 the price will go up as high as double the regular price for great demand.
PS4