Steering

OrcaAmity

Steering

Post by OrcaAmity »

What's up with the steering? I noticed the same in FS 17. When I'm driving my tractor up and down a field doing a job such as sowing, I start where I position my tractor and sower in the correct place, I drive ahead and keep the steering wheel straight where my front wheels are straight and I notice I'm moving off course and I have to keep on steering slightly to the right to keep straight. It's as if the steering is messed-up with all the vehicles. I remember at Steam there's a thread about the steering in FS 17.
JohnDeere318

Re: Steering

Post by JohnDeere318 »

It is because of the angle you are positioned, and what you have attached to the back. In real life, you have to do this all the time, move the steering wheel back and forth to be able to get straight as best you can, the steering will never be perfect.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

JohnDeere318 wrote:It is because of the angle you are positioned, and what you have attached to the back. In real life, you have to do this all the time, move the steering wheel back and forth to be able to get straight as best you can, the steering will never be perfect.
Okay. Thanks for letting me know. I was wondering what was going on. Earlier in FS 15 I positioned in a straight line when I was sowing seeds and I was driving straight ahead in the direction of 12 o'clock and I moved the camera angle around so I could see the front of my tractor without touching my controller's left stick and then I found out I drove off the field at the direction of 11 o'clock.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

JohnDeere318 wrote:It is because of the angle you are positioned, and what you have attached to the back. In real life, you have to do this all the time, move the steering wheel back and forth to be able to get straight as best you can, the steering will never be perfect.
At the moment it's got worse when I plough. It feels as if something is trying to make my tractor move slightly sideways.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Do you have a weight in the front of the tractor? I recommend using a weight in the front to balance the weight out, if you already have one, you might want to step up to something bigger.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

I'll second that, the effect will be more noticeable if your tractor is only just big enough/too small for the equipment being pulled, especially if it is mounted, rather than trailed.
It can be lessened somewhat by fitting a large weight to the front of the tractor, if you can't afford a bigger one.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Hairy Bob wrote:I'll second that, the effect will be more noticeable if your tractor is only just big enough/too small for the equipment being pulled, especially if it is mounted, rather than trailed.
It can be lessened somewhat by fitting a large weight to the front of the tractor, if you can't afford a bigger one.
Earlier I thought about the weights. I bought the biggest weight. It seems a bit better. I never had things this bad before I bought the biggest weight when I used my sowing machine. I'm wondering if some of the tractors are lighter than the other others and I used the lightest tractor for the first time with the sowing machine without knowing at first the tractor is lighter. I used one of the tractors we start off with.

In FS 17 I made a blunder that was rather funny. I went to buy a big straw baler so I can make one bale after another. I can't remember the name of the trailer but it's the size of a trailer for a truck. Anyway, I went to unload to make bales of straw and without realizing, I bought a trailer that only carries grass and I ended-up emptying a ton on grass in the middle of my yard that looks like a green pyramid. Now I have that to clean-up. Oh well, we all make mistakes. The trailer is still going to be very useful.