My Money Keeps On Dropping Slightly

OrcaAmity

Re: My Money Keeps On Dropping Slightly

Post by OrcaAmity »

JohnDeere318 wrote:Yes you do get money right then. Once you push the tree in (don't get the tractor in the pond too!), you get instant money. About $11k for each tree.

For the money, that just seems really, really weird. :hmm:
Thanks for that help.

By the way, you should have said, "Don't get the tractor in the pond too. You'll get it wet."
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

OrcaAmity wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:Yes you do get money right then. Once you push the tree in (don't get the tractor in the pond too!), you get instant money. About $11k for each tree.

Thanks for that help.

By the way, you should have said, "Don't get the tractor in the pond too. You'll get it wet."
Well, if you accidentally put the tractor in the pond, you will drown it and have to reset. Not a big deal, but if you don't like traveling back and forth, it will get pretty old fast. :)
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Another thing about my money dropping. If I'm right that it's because of the usage of my things on my farm, why fuel as well? Why am I being charged for the fuel I'm using when I already paid for the fuel? I'm amazed I'm not being charged for walking on my farm as well unless I get a walking license. Sorry if I sound silly with sarcasm with my previous sentence, I just find it stupid us having to pay so much a day on things we've already paid for. I'm paying $676.00 as vehicle running costs. This is what I mean. I own the vehicles on my farm. Why am I paying for usage on them when I own them? What's going to happen when I buy a machine to clean my vehicles, am I going to be charged for flushing the mud off my vehicles as well? Don't get me wrong, I love this game but these financial costs are insane. I feel the more vehicles I buy the higher the daily fees will be. Now I feel as if I have to limit what I buy to avoid going bankrupt.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Ok but when you buy a vehicle IRL do you not have to pay to maintain and fix it? Farming is expensive and parts and repairs cost money, that is what that is for. If you think 15 is bad you aren't going to like 17 at all. You just can't buy things before you can afford them is all as you get further in you won't even notice these things.
PS4
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

I was doing this for a bit but I'm going to do it again when I have the proper equipment because my tractor keeps on getting stuck in the trees when I push them.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Do the makers of the games moderate this forum? I still haven't had a good answer about why my money drops. It's putting me off these games now because I'm working hard to make money while lots of it is being stolen over fees I shouldn't be paying. I just sold some wheat for over $4,000 and during half-hour of game play nearly half of that money has gone somewhere. Also it never says the amount taken with a minus symbol in red. It's as if it's discreetly being taken as in theft. How are we supposed to get rich while being ripped off every minute? I wonder if there's any point in playing these games when this is happening. At the moment I have $14,371 and in about an hour of playing this game my money will be down to something like $9,000. What's going to happen when my balance reaches zero, are all my vehicles going to break down until I make more money? These are vehicles, not a phone with a Pay-As-You-Go thing.
böserlöwe
GIANTS Software | Support Engineer

Post by böserlöwe »

Hi, if you use the HiredHelper they use Money for Gas and seed or all other of stuff.
It is while it should not empty on middle of field.
So if you drive self all and buy the Seeds or something else, it dosn´t costs any more.
And no, if you get your balance in minus, you dont lost anything, but you cant get buy another Seed or something...
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Also u get charged for storing crops too.
Guil

Post by Guil »

eric21 wrote:Also u get charged for storing crops too.
Where?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

In the silios?
Guil

Post by Guil »

eric21 wrote:In the silios?
Are you sure? I know in fs17 there is paid storage but I don't remember any in fs15.
dgk816

Post by dgk816 »

OrcaAmity wrote:My money keeps on dropping slightly where I notice now and then about $300 to $400 is gone. Is this a bug or is it to do with my bank loan where there's interest coming out? I did take a loan out and I haven't had a chance to pay any of the money back yet and I'm wondering if the loan is behind this.
Do you have CoursePlay installed? I never had an issue with it in FS15 but, in FS17, if you are using Courseplay while doing a mission, CoursePlay will continue to charge you even if the mission is over because you didnt "stop" the driver. Logging out of the game will fix it.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Thanks for this. I never heard of CoursePlay and I don't know if it's installed. How do I find out? It's so silly the way we get charged all this money for using what we paid for. It's bad enough we have to pay a helper $1.00 a second. Who pays somebody $1.00 a second? I decided to start FS 17 again on Hard because I didn't like it when I was making something like $17,000 just for harvesting a field. Some people don't complain about making a ton of money but I don't like the game to be too easy. I prefer things to be realistic and in FS 15 it's not that way when I'm being charged to use my own stuff.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Courseplay is a mod, I believe you said you're a console gamer? If so you don't have it, even if you are on PC you don't have it unless you downloaded it and put it in your mods folder.
What speed do you have time running at? It should say next to your clock at the top right of the screen, there's an icon of a clock face with a number below it. The higher the number, the faster time progresses and the quicker your money gets taken for things like machinery maintenance, helpers wages, loan interest etc.
It seems strange to me that you think fs17 is easy to make money on, yet 15 is hard! Everyone and everything I've heard indicates that the opposite is true, they nerfed the price of silage, and logs, which are the best money makers in fs15 (hint hint).
They made prices drop as soon as you sell a load, so there's less benefit to stockpiling crops and selling it all when the price rises.
They made it so prices only recover over time, instead of when you sell other crops, to stop us gaming the system.
They made machines depreciate, so they cost more and sell for less, the longer you keep them.
I don't understand why your experience is so opposed to everyone else's. One of us must be missing something.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
greenbelt

Post by greenbelt »

Yep your 'Finances" amount will keep dropping. It drops slower when the game is set to real time. This represents the daily maintenance costs of all the equipment you own. I don't know why it just doesn't get subtracted once a day like the loan interest amount. But anyhoo.

here is a screen shot as soon as a new game is loaded (06:40AM) and another screen shot 1 minute later (game time).
ImageImage

here is a screen shot of the Garage in the Vehicle Shop Window. This shows all the equipment I own and all the daily maintenance costs.

All of my starting equipment in a vanilla version of FS15 costs me about $2,045 per day or $1.420138888888889 per minute. Something like that I think.