Potatoes

OrcaAmity

Potatoes

Post by OrcaAmity »

Why are potatoes so awkward to harvest? It's bad enough my potato harvester that I'm pulling with my tractor keeps on glitching up against something and I can't pull my harvester. Then I can't get my harvester into the thing where the conveyor belt is for me to empty my potatoes in. I thought I'd empty them in my large trailer and I can't because it's too high, then I thought I'd use my small green trailer and that is a little too high. How am I supposed to empty the potatoes out? I don't fancy driving up and down the map every time my harvester is full because it takes too long and harvesting potatoes is taking me long enough as it is because of all this and where I had to remove the tops first. I hope this is all worth it. Sowing the seeds was costly enough because three times I had to fill my sowing machine and when I plant other crops like wheat I don't have to refill my sowing machine. Potatoes seem too much hassle.
Hairy Bob

Re: Potatoes

Post by Hairy Bob »

Potatoes and sugar beet are the second most profitable crops in the game, after corn silage, in terms of $ per hectare, because of the massive yield compared to grain, which more than makes up for the low price, and almost makes up for having to haul the hundreds of tons to a sell point.
I wouldn't recommend the pull behind harvesters, though. As you've found out, they're slow and a pain to unload.
I know they cost a fortune, but the self propelled harvesters are much better to use, remove the tops as they go, saving you a job, have a much bigger tank, and can unload into bigger trailers.
Have you taken a look at one of the game guides, like this one http://guides.gamepressure.com/farmingsimulator2015/
It seems like it might answer a few of the questions you have, and steer you clear of the pitfalls without you having to wait for a reply on here.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Hairy Bob wrote:Potatoes and sugar beet are the second most profitable crops in the game, after corn silage, in terms of $ per hectare, because of the massive yield compared to grain, which more than makes up for the low price, and almost makes up for having to haul the hundreds of tons to a sell point.
I wouldn't recommend the pull behind harvesters, though. As you've found out, they're slow and a pain to unload.
I know they cost a fortune, but the self propelled harvesters are much better to use, remove the tops as they go, saving you a job, have a much bigger tank, and can unload into bigger trailers.
Have you taken a look at one of the game guides, like this one http://guides.gamepressure.com/farmingsimulator2015/
It seems like it might answer a few of the questions you have, and steer you clear of the pitfalls without you having to wait for a reply on here.
Thanks for the tips there. At the moment I always find wheat the best because after I've sold my wheat I can sell my bales of straw afterwards as a bonus.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Dont sell too much. However it seems you are new to farming so i strongly suggest watching How Farms work on youtubr