Lifting Combine Headers On A Trailer

OrcaAmity

Lifting Combine Headers On A Trailer

Post by OrcaAmity »

How do I lift a 45-foot combine header onto a trailer? Do I have to buy one of those lumber cranes and use one of those? Thanks.
canadafarms

Re: Lifting Combine Headers On A Trailer

Post by canadafarms »

Usually you just set them on the header trailer with the combine, but the 45ft header has a built in trailer. All you have to do is select the front attachment and the unfold it, disconnect it from the combine then hook up to the hitch.
PS4
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

canadafarms wrote:Usually you just set them on the header trailer with the combine, but the 45ft header has a built in trailer. All you have to do is select the front attachment and the unfold it, disconnect it from the combine then hook up to the hitch.
Thanks for letting me know. I wondered what that long thing was on the left-hand side. I thought the wheels under it were as a stand when I want to detach it. I reversed my tractor behind the long bit on the left-hand side and I was able to attach it and tow it to my farm. Thanks again.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Haha yeah no problem, and just so you know you can hook the header up behind the combine too, then you don't need to have a tractor there to tow it.
PS4
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

That's what nice about that the combine has a hitch, is to pull the header. No truck, no tractor, no nothing, all in one shot. *thumbsup* And if you are alone, that built-in head trailer makes it much easier.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt