What do YOU consider a full kit of equipment?

adamjohnson

What do YOU consider a full kit of equipment?

Post by adamjohnson »

Like the title says, I'm wondering what everyone considers a full kit of equipment?

Everyone has different goals and likes/dislikes as to what they do and maps have different focus between arable farming, forestry, and livestock, so share your thoughts on that side of things, too.

Personally, I have a serious case of Gaming ADHD. I jump from map to map to map and spend more time browsing the web for new mods than I actually do PLAYING. When I do actually settle down to play, I like to go with a theme. Like playing on Sosnovka and editing the starting equipment to be a bunch of old, rusty Russian (or at least European) equipment. I fill up the mods folder with everything I can find that goes along with the theme and limit myself to just buying from the mods rather than the Gianst equipment.

I tend to prefer arable crops over livestock or forestry or BGA/Silage and I especially like doing root crops on Sosnovka. Seems more appropriate

My kit is pretty basic:
- Combine, Grain Header, Maize Header, Header Trailer
- Tractors - max of 5-6
- Tippers - never needed more than 3 so far
- Cultivator & Seeders
- Root Crop Defoliators & Harvesters
- Forage Wagon for selling straw

So what do YOU run with?
read more: free ringtone, samsung ringtones
Last edited by adamjohnson on Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
eric21

Re: What do YOU consider a full kit of equipment?

Post by eric21 »

Which brands you use?
Hairy Bob

Re: What do YOU consider a full kit of equipment?

Post by Hairy Bob »

I do much the same as you, Adam. I have 3 or 4 maps on the go at any time, normally put 50-100 hours on each before I move on, if I get into it. I usually know within the first couple of hours if the map feels right, and have an idea which way I want to go with it.
I also tend to use mods over the in game equipment, and try to have a different set of tractors every time, but a typical setup might consist of;
A couple of combines, of appropriate size, with reel headers and trailers.
At least one fastrac, maybe another 6-10 tractors depending on map size
Forage harvester, usually with corn and grass headers, occasionally do wholecrop.
A plough, cultivator, one or two seeders.
A fert spreader/sprayer. I like the landquip one on a fastrac lately.
Either a euro tiger or holmer for sugar beet/potatoes.
A truck or two for selling crops/milk/animals.
Mower/s, rake, baler+wrapper.
3-5 tippers, a bale trailer or 2, animal transporter, maybe a log trailer.
Placeable feed mixer for the animals, I can't be doing with putting bales in the mobile ones!
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc