Combine Harvester Not Dropping Straw Anymore

OrcaAmity

Combine Harvester Not Dropping Straw Anymore

Post by OrcaAmity » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:22 pm

Is the rear end of the combine harvester adjustable? When I've harvested wheat and barley I always got straw falling out the back. Since I harvested canola that drops a powder instead of straw, my combine harvester is dropping a powder out the rear end instead of straw when I harvest wheat and barley. Is this a bug or do I have to adjust something with my combine harvester. I never did when I started harvesting my canola. While this is going on it's costing me a lot of money where I can't sell bales of straw. Thanks.

juf.de

Re: Combine Harvester Not Dropping Straw Anymore

Post by juf.de » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:47 pm

Check the help in the top left corner, there should be a hint regarding the button to switch between straw shredding and straw windrows
You will have to switch before hireing a helper though.
Anleitung für log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)
Tutorial for log.txt, Giants Imagehoster, Console commands (PC)
Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
PN nur für persönliche Unterhaltungen. | PM only for personal conversation.
Playing on PC

OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:50 pm

juf.de wrote:Check the help in the top left corner, there should be a hint regarding the button to switch between straw shredding and straw windrows
You will have to switch before hireing a helper though.
Thanks for that. I keep on forgetting about the help bit as in the controls menu on the top-left because I got used to the controls and turned that menu off because it hogs a lot of the screen.

By the way, I never let my helpers harvest. I have them as the ploughers, fertilizers and sowers. I do the harvesting and baling. Sometimes I only have one helper on the jobs. It depends if I get too far behind and when I do I hire a second helper. It's a shame we can't set a waypoint and have a helper drive something to a field because when I have to drive everything to the fields for them I start getting behind in my harvesting.

juf.de

Post by juf.de » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:15 am

If you play on PC there is a mod out to partly solve your problem, partly because you will have to create these routes before useing thme, its called courseplay, it can do much more but driving a route is the most basic. Another helpful mod would be follow me, which lets you drive mutliple vehicles to one spot.
Anleitung für log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)
Tutorial for log.txt, Giants Imagehoster, Console commands (PC)
Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
PN nur für persönliche Unterhaltungen. | PM only for personal conversation.
Playing on PC